Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview on the 26th! Happy dance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II for 26th as well! Found out 9/5 via email as well! Totally pumped, this school is likely my top pick!

Reactions: 4 users
Woohoo! Interview 9-26!! Just found out this morning.. But I'm likely going to have to push it back to save up for a plane ticket, regardless I'm supper excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Think its worth my while to submit a secondary here as an OOS applicant?

3.5 sgpa/3.3cgpa/30 mcat/non trad with huge upward trend.

When did you guys with interviews submit?

This thread keeps a running list of interview invites, with cGPA, sGPA, MCAT, Date complete, Date II received, and Interview date.

Also, I was totally complete Aug 1, 35 MCAT, 3.15 cGPA, 3.04 sGPA, IS

Reactions: 1 users
Around how long after being complete did you guys receive an II?

Around how long after being complete did you guys receive an II?
I was complete 7/26 with my committee lor in on 9/4 and received my II on 9/5

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 7/26 with my committee lor in on 9/4 and received my II on 9/5
Thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it! Congratulations on your II :claps:

It's the week of the first interviews everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody going on Friday, and here's to hoping we all get accepted!
As for those still waiting on II's good luck and it's still early in the cycle so keep trucking!

Random question but how is everyone getting to GA and campus? I'm flying in Thursday and staying with family in Marietta.

It's the week of the first interviews everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody going on Friday, and here's to hoping we all get accepted!
As for those still waiting on II's good luck and it's still early in the cycle so keep trucking!

Random question but how is everyone getting to GA and campus? I'm flying in Thursday and staying with family in Marietta.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you as well! Really excited about interviewing at this school! I'm a local so I'll be driving in from Sandy Springs in the morning.

I got my interview for Oct 10. Very excited and congrats to everyone that's coming up soon. Anyone else a 10/10'er?

For the interview here, is it completely open file? Do they have your numbers and application both?

Hey, I'm a first year student. What time are your interviews on Friday?

Mine is at 10:30!
How is the interview atmosphere?
All I can say is good luck. We have 2 of 7 tests this week on Friday so if you see people looking like delirious zombies or are yelling obscenities, don't mind us.

did you get your interview invite today?
No I actually got it Sept 10, but I just found this thread on the forum. My interview is set for 10:30am though. Am curious about the format and if it's open file or not as well if anyone knows.

Last year, the only information the interviewers had was our GPA and MCAT score. It may have been different in previous years though.

Does anyone know if is it OK to not have three letters from faculty/profs? Could I just submit any three letters?
I am Canadian and we generally don't have any pre-med committees at universities... I have a letter from a DO i shadowed, my science prof and couple others from work and volunteer coordinators (all of them pretty strong I am assuming since I have worked with them for years and they know me quite well!)

I'd call the school to confirm that was okay. But, I would think that they'd probably allow it.

Does anyone know if is it OK to not have three letters from faculty/profs? Could I just submit any three letters?
I am Canadian and we generally don't have any pre-med committees at universities... I have a letter from a DO i shadowed, my science prof and couple others from work and volunteer coordinators (all of them pretty strong I am assuming since I have worked with them for years and they know me quite well!)
They are strict on the letter requirement as many have found out and are now scrambling to get other letters

Last year, the only information the interviewers had was our GPA and MCAT score. It may have been different in previous years though.

Okay cool. During interview day do you get to meet M1s and M2s?

You may run into some of us. We have our second huge exam on Friday morning from 9:00-noon. You'll probably see some people crying in the halls during lunch. :p

Does anyone know when the next round of interview invites will be given??

You may run into some of us. We have our second huge exam on Friday morning from 9:00-noon. You'll probably see some people crying in the halls during lunch. :p

Just PM'd you regarding a specific question!

Does UNECOM send complete emails?

Ah!!! It's so hard to be patient. Been complete just over a month now.

Do you think I'd get an II with cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.4 and MCAT 25?

How'd everyone's interview's go yesterday? I'm cramming through my interview books for prep for mine in two weeks but am very, very nervous. Hope you all did awesome!

Hope all the interviews go well today! Looking forward to hearing you guys' feedback ;-)

They have interviews scheduled on a Saturday? Weird.

As for studying/prepping for your interview, I think there is such a thing as over-preparing. For PCOM-GA, I'd say that if you can talk about anything on your app, explain any red flags you may have, and answer "why DO", you're more than fine. It's a very conversational interview; just don't act like a weirdo and you'll be fine.

I'm currently about to submit my secondary... but also waiting for my DO letter... should I submit my secondary first? or should I wait until I get a DO letter?

I'm currently about to submit my secondary... but also waiting for my DO letter... should I submit my secondary first? or should I wait until I get a DO letter?
I would suggest just submitting your secondary because they get so many applications

Has anyone tried contacting Admissions regarding their file. I've been complete since July (primary and secondary w/ LORs) but haven't heard anything. I remember the email/portal saying that they won't provide status updates via phone or email. Just curious.
Yep, they will not tell you anything, you check if you are complete and then on to the waiting game from now until March I think it is

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you all explained why DO in your secondary. With such a limited word count how significant is it to explain in secondary or will they probably inquire during interview?

Thanks

They will almost absolutely ask you that in your interview, so unless 'why DO' ties directly into your answering of the prompt, just save it for the interview.