Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow... you guys have incredible stats!

Agreed. I think I see why I haven't heard anything yet about an II haha

Members don't see this ad.

Which is ironic given than PCOM-GA had nearly a 24 last cycle....

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete early September, so a bit later than you. It sounds like not many IIs have been given out (or thats what I would like to think anyways...) so hopefully we will get some good news soon!

It's not 24.

Idk, 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 stats included a ~24 Mcat with a 7.89 ps. It's kinda hard to dispute it when the admissions releases that information themselves during their interview for all to see...

Can't find it :-(. I wish I remembered at least who posted it then I could at least ask them for the jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't find it :-(. I wish I remembered at least who posted it then I could at least ask them for the jpg
yeah I know what picture/post you are talking about because I stumbled upon it before too. But I also remember there was a debate over how legit that post was.
I also remember someone posting that they spoke to a representative or adcom who said that the MCAT average for georgia was 26-27. Its pretty hard for me to believe that its a 24...

yeah I know what picture/post you are talking about because I stumbled upon it before too. But I also remember there was a debate over how legit that post was.
I also remember someone posting that they spoke to a representative or adcom who said that the MCAT average for georgia was 26-27. Its pretty hard for me to believe that its a 24...

Hmm who knows. The guy who posted it said he got it directly from his interview. But meh... Schools need to be more open about their stats.

Don't be nervous! According to the email, they said the day would only last like four hours. This will definitely be the shortest interview day I've attended thus far.
That's good to hear. My last one was from 8:30-5:00

For those interviewing, don't be nervous! It's a really chill day and the environment is very comfortable. Just prep Why DO and you will be fine. Everything else flows like a convo.

Reactions: 1 users
Does PCOM-Georgia send you a confirmation email right after submitting the secondary? Because I just submitted it today and I didn't get anything, and when I go to the application link they sent me in the email, it looks blank as if I didn't fill anything in at all.
No, you get the immediate thanks for submitting and then you wait for the email that tells you the worked on your secondary

I'm hoping someone could give me some advice. I'm only applying to two osteopathic schools. One of which has a printed form that an MD/DO is supposed to fill out as a letter of recommendation. And then I'm applying to the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine at Georgia as well, which doesn't have a required letter of recommendation from a physician. However, the website says a letter from a physician is strongly recommended. I don't want a physician to have to fill out a form and then write another letter for PCOM. Should I just not worry about a letter from a physician for PCOM? I decided to try and figure it out on my own an spoke to a secretary that said because it wasn't a requirement at PCOM, that not having a letter of recommendation wouldn't hurt, but she wasn't very convincing. Have the individuals that have received interview invitations to PCOM had letters from a physician? Does anyone have any advice?

So I applied twice to both DO and MD and this was annoying. Your premed commitee can upload the letter to the school via Interfolio if they already have it on hand

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 9/26 Accepted sometime the next week and got letter 10/8

IS, sgpa 4.0 MCAT 29 masters gpa 3.9 with 1st authored publication. I have four other acceptances out of state, but will probably be going here for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
Interview invite this morning! It's my first one, and I'm very excited about PCOM-GA! :)

Accepted last week, received letter today as well as a $4,000 scholarship! 3.9cGPA, 11/12/14 MCAT, OOS
Just a heads up to keep your address updated for correspondence, I've been stressing for a week (cause y'all posted acceptance and I hadn't heard yet). Turns out it was accidentally sent to my summer address instead of my current one.

Super stoked, very likely my school of choice. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those interviewing!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted last week, received letter today as well as a $4,000 scholarship! 3.9cGPA, 11/12/14 MCAT, OOS
Just a heads up to keep your address updated for correspondence, I've been stressing for a week (cause y'all posted acceptance and I hadn't heard yet). Turns out it was accidentally sent to my summer address instead of my current one.

Super stoked, very likely my school of choice. Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those interviewing!
Congrats, and Hail Sithis!

Just curious, but why is this school your choice for medical school when you have a 3.9/37? You could easily land an MD acceptance with those stats and likely snag one at a top 20 allopathic school.

Just curious

So I haven't been able to find PCOM's average board scores or pass rates. Do you think they will give them out of I email them? I interviewed there last week.

Submitted secondary on 9/18. I'm a non-traditional student with a BA and MS in bio. 24 MCAT (VR 9/PS 7/BS 8). Overall sGPA 3.43/cGPA 3.28. Grad sGPA 3.68/Grad cGPA 3.7.
Dang, I submitted around the same time and haven't heard anything back yet.

Any 3rd or 4th year students on here willing to comment on rotations at this school?

Dang, I submitted around the same time and haven't heard anything back yet.

Hopefully you'll hear something soon! I know their initial correspondence stated it could take up to 15 days to review the application. Perhaps you're just a little later in that same time frame.

Any 3rd or 4th year students on here willing to comment on rotations at this school?

I'm a 4th year at GA-PCOM. The general consensus is that rotation experience varies with location. I'm on the interview trail right now and don't come here often...but feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll get back to you.

Guess I haven't checked a school thread since interview season last year. Lol. When's yours guys next int? Congrats on acceptances. They started interviews earlier this year I guess. It's a great school

You are a pretty active poster on here. So how is the first year going? Difficulties? Problems? Feel like you get enough support? School feel super easy or super hard?
First test is diving into the unknown. It "feels" stressful and crazy difficult. Then you get into the swing of things and it gets better.

You are a pretty active poster on here. So how is the first year going? Difficulties? Problems? Feel like you get enough support? School feel super easy or super hard?

Honestly, my first term has been pretty rough. Although I think that's mostly because of some unexpected family matters that demand a huge amount of my time. The administration has been hugely supportive of my situation and helping me find resources.

As far as classes go, there's been nothing that we've had to learn that was really difficult to grasp conceptually. It's just that there's so much to learn in such a short period of time. I'd estimate that every 2.5-3 weeks we cover as much material as I did over a semester of grad school. That's the nature of the beast though and you'll get that at any medical school.

But, I'm very happy with my choice to attend here.

Honestly, my first term has been pretty rough. Although I think that's mostly because of some unexpected family matters that demand a huge amount of my time. The administration has been hugely supportive of my situation and helping me find resources.

As far as classes go, there's been nothing that we've had to learn that was really difficult to grasp conceptually. It's just that there's so much to learn in such a short period of time. I'd estimate that every 2.5-3 weeks we cover as much material as I did over a semester of grad school. That's the nature of the beast though and you'll get that at any medical school.

But, I'm very happy with my choice to attend here.

What's the distinguishing feature of GA-PCOM in your mind?

White coat ceremony was well done. Like a well-oiled machine. Was impressed. I hope my class continues to study because I know we can kick ass! PS: med school is hard but a lot of the stuff is fun to learn

Should I submit my secondary here or is it too late? 3.64cgpa 3.60sgpa 3.72 nonsci 25 mcat (8/7/10)

Hopefully you'll hear something soon! I know their initial correspondence stated it could take up to 15 days to review the application. Perhaps you're just a little later in that same time frame.
It is 15 days to process the materials, no idea how long it takes for them to review.

Does anyone know how big their IS preference is? I have never been to that region but it sounds like a great school, I'd love to get an ii...

Does anyone know how strict they are for requiring 3 credits of English lit? I have the usual English composition 1 and 2 (6 credit hours total) but I was wondering if they strictly require English lit.