Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@CaptRetired , would you be able to provide an estimate on when someone who was complete on 11/30 would be likely to receive an II?
Nope, sorry. The thing is that not everyone who submits receives an II. Those who do, that is variable depending on lots of stuff: when the committee meets, whether the recent submits are better than the old ones, etc. The great thing that I've noticed about this school is that your II is usually for a date not too far away. In other words, when you DO receive the invite, you don't have to wait months to get to see the school. My application was a couple years ago, and I was complete in late Oct. I waited anxiously for 2'months. The day after Christmas, I got a phone call. No joke, the first thing I said was "why are ya'll even working today?!" Anyways, I interviewed on Jan 6th, so the 10 or so days I had to wait for my interview were exciting, not so long as to be painful.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, sorry. The thing is that not everyone who submits receives an II. Those who do, that is variable depending on lots of stuff: when the committee meets, whether the recent submits are better than the old ones, etc. The great thing that I've noticed about this school is that your II is usually for a date not too far away. In other words, when you DO receive the invite, you don't have to wait months to get to see the school. My application was a couple years ago, and I was complete in late Oct. I waited anxiously for 2'months. The day after Christmas, I got a phone call. No joke, the first thing I said was "why are ya'll even working today?!" Anyways, I interviewed on Jan 6th, so the 10 or so days I had to wait for my interview were exciting, not so long as to be painful.
I hope my good stats and ECs help me out. I guess I should be predicting a February date, if any.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So I just got accepted and will be apart of 2020 class.
Is there a Facebook page set up for this class yet?
If so I want to be invited to join!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! So I just got accepted and will be apart of 2020 class.
Is there a Facebook page set up for this class yet?
If so I want to be invited to join!
Congrats!

I gotta ask ... when were you complete with PCOM-GA and how long afterward did you get an II?

Thanks!

Complete today! Let's see how long I have to be patient before getting an II!

Complete with everything today. Submitted Supplemental and paid fee 12/6. Now hoping for that sweet interview.

@CaptRetired or anyone that knows some about PCOM-G. I was complete back at the end of August and have not heard from here. I already have an acceptance to a school I like (LECOM) but am still very interested in PCOM. My MCAT is below average at 25, but I have lots of ECs, (DO shadowing, DO LOR, clinical care job, clubs, etc). My cGPA is 3.66 and sGPA is 3.57. Obviously the MCAT is a big turnoff. I'm a Florida resident. I am thinking of sending them a letter of intent showing I am still very interested. Do they accept these emails or blow them off? Any insight?

Edit: I have a 9/9/7 in my sections..does this 7 mean I will not quality for an interview? Read somewhere average matriculants have "at least" an 8 in each section.

Last edited:
@CaptRetired or anyone that knows some about PCOM-G. I was complete back at the end of August and have not heard from here. I already have an acceptance to a school I like (LECOM) but am still very interested in PCOM. My MCAT is below average at 25, but I have lots of ECs, (DO shadowing, DO LOR, clinical care job, clubs, etc). My cGPA is 3.66 and sGPA is 3.57. Obviously the MCAT is a big turnoff. I'm a Florida resident. I am thinking of sending them a letter of intent showing I am still very interested. Do they accept these emails or blow them off? Any insight?

Edit: I have a 9/9/7 in my sections..does this 7 mean I will not quality for an interview? Read somewhere average matriculants have "at least" an 8 in each section.
They don't accept letters of interest or intent just transcripts and MCAT

Would it be a bad idea to call Aise Cannon with the same question I asked you, above?

Would it be a bad idea to call Aise Cannon with the same question I asked you, above?
you should just come for a campus visit. she might look at your file faster since you are showing serious interest, I know someone who did that

Members don't see this ad :)
you should just come for a campus visit. she might look at your file faster since you are showing serious interest, I know someone who did that
I am going to be up that way over the break :thinking:

But how would she know if I dropped by?

Last edited by a moderator:
@docrunner23 , sorry. Did you see that I added a question to my response, right above?

Also, is that Steve Prefontaine in your avatar? He's my GFs biggest role-model. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

If you really wanted to, you could email her to see if you could personally meet with her. If not just be patient. They are conducting interviews tomorrow so they have been busy. They will be going though applications over the break so you should hear something within the next few weeks.

I second the above. Visit, express your interest and be able to explain why this school is of greatest interest. Just don't be annoying.

sorry I'm not on here extremely often. she's the one that gives you the tour......so she would know.

At this point, with all your posts, I'm pulling for you to be a future classmate! Good luck!

Dropping by is very inconvenient for the staff also they are not supposed to meet with anyone who has an open application. Level the playing field for those who can not just drop by and speak to someone.

No II, yet. Complete 11/30.
I was complete 11/4 and no email updates. This thread has been quiet compared to others. Makes me wonder if PCOM-GA is slow this season. Hoping to see some movement for us!

I was complete 11/4 and no email updates. This thread has been quiet compared to others. Makes me wonder if PCOM-GA is slow this season. Hoping to see some movement for us!

Those who recently interviewed were informed they would receive a decision before the Christmas holiday. They are not slow this season they are about to start reviewing applications for the January Interview so be patient and check your email over the holiday break.

Reactions: 4 users
Those who recently interviewed were informed they would receive a decision before the Christmas holiday. They are not slow this season they are about to start reviewing applications for the January Interview so be patient and check your email over the holiday break.
Good news! Thanks for keeping us up to date :D

Interviewed on 12/11 and nothing yet. Anybody else? And do acceptances or rejections come via email initially?

Thanks

Interviewed on 12/11 and nothing yet. Anybody else? And do acceptances or rejections come via email initially?

Thanks
It all comes in snail mail. Mine took about 3 weeks to come in so really it's just a waiting game.

Does the Banner site indicate anything or do II's only come through email?

The site doesn't seem to be working right now regardless

Check your portals mine now has a link to make an admission deposit but i still have not received my acceptance letter interviewed 12/11.

Interview invites are sent via email only.

Me thinks they're updating some statuses on the servers. Still doesn't load anything for me. Who knows?

Good luck everybody!

They may be updating more statuses I saw my portal change yesterday.

My portal doesn't say accepted it just has a link to pay my admission deposit and a due date so I assume I was accepted.

Accepted via snail mail. Complete late July or early August. Was suppose to interview sometime in November but postponed until 12/11. 64-65 Lizzie M. Above avg ECs. Now I have a decision to make..

Last edited:
Got a January interview in mercer. Still hoping for an interview in pcom.

So i just looked at my update, I have a link to make a deposit! Does this mean ACCEPTED cause I am not at home currently to receive snail mail... I dont want to get excited prematurely lol