Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else have this problem where the test date for PCOM-GA is an old mcat whereas the one for PCOM is your most recent one?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, can somebody tell me if PCOM Georgia is OOS friendly? Or most applicants are from ATL area?

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed the supplemental application last night and checked my application summary page and that area is blank still. How long does it take for it to say your supplemental application has been completed?

I completed the supplemental application last night and checked my application summary page and that area is blank still. How long does it take for it to say your supplemental application has been completed?
It will likely take a couple days to more than a week. I'm sure it will start getting really, really busy soon as more and more people apply. I was complete at like 11 pm on 8/24 after receiving the secondary at like 11 pm 8/22. It took more time to receive the secondary after submitting my primary application to the school than it did to be marked complete.

In hindsight, I was verified by AACOMAS in like two days as well in July. Everything has been pretty quick this year from what people are saying in general.

This is my first choice school and I'm eagerly awaiting an interview invite. Fingers crossed.

Hi, can somebody tell me if PCOM Georgia is OOS friendly? Or most applicants are from ATL area?
Hey! I'm a current M-1 at GA-PCOM and would be glad to answer your question. Being that it's a private institution, no, they don't accept based on state of residency, however, they do accept a lot of Georgia residents since a lot more apply. Also, they want students who are willing to stay in Georgia after graduation, so you might want to make that a point in your secondary.

submitted a primary application to them on Aug 23th. How long should I expect before a secondary arrive since its later into the cycle?

Edit: recieved secondary, 3 business day turn around,

Last edited:
On the application summary page, is it supposed to say something next to letters of recommendation if they've been received? I'm sure my college has sent out the letter packet but it doesn't say anything next to LOR on the summary page.

On the application summary page, is it supposed to say something next to letters of recommendation if they've been received? I'm sure my college has sent out the letter packet but it doesn't say anything next to LOR on the summary page.

Yes its suppose to list dates and the name of the recommender

Reactions: 1 user
Are the secondary essay questions the same for both campuses?
if yes, then is it okay if I submit the same answer to both ?

Are the secondary essay questions the same for both campuses?
if yes, then is it okay if I submit the same answer to both ?

They are in fact the same.
They give us only 250 words to answer such an ambiguously broad prompt. I just went ahead and submitted the same one to both. I don't even...

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted application on 7/8. Never got verification that it was received. Haven't gotten a secondary either and I think they send out to everyone. Anyone else?

II received!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if you can receive an II from both GA and PA campus? Do they function separately?

Apparently there is a 30 minute on-site writing assignment. Does anyone know of previous interviewers who had this during their application cycle and can provide any extra details?

Does anyone know if there are ubers available near the ga pcom campus?

Did you guys actually receive a "complete" e-mail? I never received one but in the portal it looks like I have everything submitted.

Did you guys actually receive a "complete" e-mail? I never received one but in the portal it looks like I have everything submitted.

I did. Can't remember how soon after secondary completion though.

I got an email saying they processed my supplemental but my portal has received dates next to all required materials so I'm pretty sure that means I'm complete.

Does anyone know when the first interview day was? I received an II recently and I am curious to see how many interviews have already taken place.

II Here just yesterday (Complete 8/8). Going out 10/28 weird they don't give you a choice on the dates. Anyone know format (mmi or traditional) and wtf is the writing assignment?

edit: OOS 3.6C 510MCAT

edit edit: anyone know a good place to stay?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the first interview day was? I received an II recently and I am curious to see how many interviews have already taken place.
First interview date was today. 39 people IIRC.

Anyone know the interview format? What the writing assignment is?

II here! First DO interview invitation. I would also love to here more about the format/ if there is a writing assessment involved.

II here! First DO interview invitation. I would also love to here more about the format/ if there is a writing assessment involved.
Congratulations! When were you complete if you don't mind me asking?

Anyone know the interview format? What the writing assignment is?

They had us sit at a computer and answer around 6 questions and then later on during the interview, the interviewer used the questions as a spring board to further interview you. I wouldn't worry about initially answering the questions because we were given 30 minutes to answer and they were simple questions such as "what do you think works about America's healthcare system", but make sure you can first and foremost, remember the gist of your answer and then back your answers up and elaborate on them later on. Even so some people I talked to said that their interviewer never even mentioned the questions so be prepared for anything I guess.

Reactions: 3 users
Best of luck to you SusieCarmichael! I am sure we crossed paths on our interview day.

I talked with another interviewee who finished last in her group and was told that the interviewer will do a final review of everything in our application file before a decision is made. Also, reading through last year's thread was very helpful to me.

II Here just yesterday (Complete 8/8). Going out 10/28 weird they don't give you a choice on the dates. Anyone know format (mmi or traditional) and wtf is the writing assignment?

edit: OOS 3.6C 510MCAT

edit edit: anyone know a good place to stay?
Hey! I'm a first year DO student at PCOM and would be glad to answer your question. The interview is traditional and you will have two interviewers, unless they changed it from last year. You will be required to complete the writing assignment which is basically questions that the interviewers can use to guide them with what questions to ask. Personally, they never asked me anything regarding those questions and my answers, but others in my class got asked those questions. Just be sure to remember what you put down. Good luck! You've made it this far so relax. Be confident and be yourself and you'll do great.

Got the acceptance letter today (10/11/16)!
submitted secondary 8/6
interview on 9/30

Reactions: 7 users
Got the acceptance letter today (10/11/16)!
submitted secondary 8/6
interview on 9/30

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? Also just curious how you thought your interview went? I interviewed on 10/7.