Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the acceptance letter today (10/11/16)!
submitted secondary 8/6
interview on 9/30

Also interviewed on 9/30...maybe tomorrow for me? How does this school send rejections and waitlists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Also interviewed on 9/30...maybe tomorrow for me? How does this school send rejections and waitlists?

They said that they'd send a decision regardless of what it was through the mail around 2 to 3 weeks from the interview date so if you haven't gotten a letter it means your letter just hasn't arrived yet.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 9/30
acceptance letter 10/11!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Complete 9/13!

My school submitted my committee letter on September 16th and it still hasn't updated in PCOM's portal. Is the wait for matching letters normally this long? I know it says to not contact them regarding letters, but it just seems to be taking so long.

My school submitted my committee letter on September 16th and it still hasn't updated in PCOM's portal. Is the wait for matching letters normally this long? I know it says to not contact them regarding letters, but it just seems to be taking so long.
You have to email them. They will not download the letters unless you email them the name of the letter packet. Letters won't update automatically. Thats what they told me when I inquired about my own letters.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to email them. They will not download the letters unless you email them the name of the letter packet. Letters won't update automatically. Thats what they told me when I inquired about my own letters.
Thank you so much! Email sent!

Just got the acceptance mail today! Feels good to know that no matter what else happens this cycle, I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!

Interviewed on 10/07
Acceptance mail 10/17

Congrats! I interviewed on the 7th as well. I'm hoping to hear something soon. Just curious where do you live? I'm hoping the letter just hasn't made its way to me yet

Interviewed 10/07
Acceptance mail 10/17

Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks!

Interviewed on 10/07
Acceptance mail 10/17

Congratulations!! Gah, STILL haven't gotten any letter yet...I live in Atlanta, so the mail must have gone to a distribution center in California or something :bang:

However...I noticed yesterday that I now have a link to pay my deposit. Does that mean I got accepted? I just wish I could have physical proof.

P.S. I interviewed on 9/30.......................lol

Congrats! I interviewed on the 7th as well. I'm hoping to hear something soon. Just curious where do you live? I'm hoping the letter just hasn't made its way to me yet

Tbh, expect to wait 2 weeks or more like me. I knew of 2 people who live in Atlanta that got their letter of acceptance yesterday and they interviewed the same day as me (9/30). Best of luck, I'm sure you've got good news coming in!

Congratulations!! Gah, STILL haven't gotten any letter yet...I live in Atlanta, so the mail must have gone to a distribution center in California or something :bang:

However...I noticed yesterday that I now have a link to pay my deposit. Does that mean I got accepted? I just wish I could have physical proof.

Yep, that should mean you got accepted! That's how most people noticed last year.

Is there a chance that the hurricane may have delayed the time for receiving letters? I live in Savannah,Ga and there are still people with trees sticking out of their houses so I hope that's whats going on here. Anyway did your link just appear for the deposit? I see a link for a deposit on my admission status portal thingy too but I don't remember if it was always there!

Is there a chance that the hurricane may have delayed the time for receiving letters? I live in Savannah,Ga and there are still people with trees sticking out of their houses so I hope that's whats going on here. Anyway did your link just appear for the deposit? I see a link for a deposit on my admission status portal thingy too but I don't remember if it was always there!

Ah, it could definitely have been the hurricane causing a delay. I also wondered if I did not notice whether the deposit link was there or not, but I applied to both PA and GA campuses. Both applications are identical as are the application summary pages, but PA does not have a deposit link for me. I am really hoping that I'll see something in the mail today.

Received acceptance today! They mailed it to my mom's house!! Sooooooooo Happy!!!! Im going to be a Doctor!!!! :biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 13 users
Received acceptance today! They mailed it to my mom's house!! Sooooooooo Happy!!!! Im going to be a Doctor!!!! :biglove::biglove:

It was definitely worth the wait. Also received my acceptance letter :) Congrats SusieCarmichael and everyone else that got accepted!!

Reactions: 5 users
Received acceptance letter today.
Interviewed on 10/07

The storm must have caused delays for you all or something similar. I interviewed 9/30 and received acceptance mail on 10/11 (which means they sent it the friday before). I do live very close though.

Does this school have mandatory lectures? Are lectures recorded? How are the rotation sites?

Also got my acceptance letter today! Interviewed 10/7

Reactions: 4 users
Does this school have mandatory lectures? Are lectures recorded? How are the rotation sites?

I recall the OMSII in my group saying that lectures are not mandatory but guest lectures are.

Hi guys! I applied to PCOM GA in July and I'm still not showing as complete. They have everything listed under my pcom banner account, except for my mcat scores. I took the mcat in January 2016, but it didn't go as well as I had hoped. I tried to get in to retake it in August/Sept. but all the spots were full, so now I'm retaking it again in January. Could this be why my application is showing incomplete? I'm going nuts waiting for an interview invite. My GPA is great and I have letters of recommendation from my clinic's VP and director.

Does anyone know when are the technical standards forms are due? the forms attached to the acceptance letter?

Hi guys! I applied to PCOM GA in July and I'm still not showing as complete. They have everything listed under my pcom banner account, except for my mcat scores. I took the mcat in January 2016, but it didn't go as well as I had hoped. I tried to get in to retake it in August/Sept. but all the spots were full, so now I'm retaking it again in January. Could this be why my application is showing incomplete? I'm going nuts waiting for an interview invite. My GPA is great and I have letters of recommendation from my clinic's VP and director.
Did you send your mcat scores from AAMC to a aacomas?

Just got accepted in State, Cancelled my interview for friday. Hope someone gets my spot! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Email them if you haven't already, seems strange that they haven't received the score if its on aacomas.
I had this problem and it was because my scores on aacomas were not official so PCOM did not report them. They have to be official to be on your portal. Once they are official it can still take time for them to receive them from aacomas.

Received an interview for 10/28 just this morning. Declined the interview and withdrew my app, I hope one of you gets it!! Good luck everyone!

What were guys stats that got accepted?

Secondary received 8/16

Completed 9/6

Interview invitation 10/18

Interview 10/28

I am super excited!

Also have an interview for CUSOM in November but would love to attend PCOM

Also applied to St. George's MD in the Caribbean just in case and got accepted a month ago. Always nice to have back up plans.

Secondary received 8/16

Completed 9/6

Interview 10/28

I am super excited!

Also applied to St. George's MD in the Caribbean just in case and got accepted a month ago. Always nice to have back up plans.

See ya there on Friday!

I applied to PCOM-PA and have not heard. Wondering if it's too late to apply here...

I can't really tell if my app is complete. The status columns have everything with a date so I'm assuming it's complete. I am sad to see they don't send a confirmation email that it's all there and ready for review.

I'm hoping for an invite. How did the interview go for all of you out there? Did they play nice? How about my Chem/phys score? I'm worried that might hold me down. Man I hated chem phys. It was so dumb and every doctor I've spoken to says none of that you'll ever see again on any test so just get in and move on. That's encouraging at least.

I got the submission email on 10/11 so I'm pretty sure I'm complete.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed today. I really enjoyed the day! Everyone was really nice and welcoming.
I felt my interview went very well. It is closed file but they use what you write during the 30 minute writing session to facilitate the conversation.

Interviewed today. I really enjoyed the day! Everyone was really nice and welcoming.
I felt my interview went very well. It is closed file but they use what you write during the 30 minute writing session to facilitate the conversation.

30 minute writing section? There's an essay before the interview? That's really strange. I've never heard of that. I guess that is okay. It seems like they would just review your file if they're making you write an essay.

Secondary received 8/16

Completed 9/6

Interview 10/28

I am super excited!

How did your interview go today? How'd you like everyone and rotation sites (if you got a chance to see them)?

Did not have a chance to see rotation sites but interview went very well. It was very laid back and conversational, not traditional whatsoever. Everyone was very nice and welcoming and I had a great experience overall. Our interview group was about 30 people total and I was second in my group to be interviewed. I arrived at 10 and left by 2:30 right after my interview. It was a 2 on 1 closed file interview and I was interviewed by a current professor and a 3rd year medical student. They were both incredibly welcoming and kind.

Did not have a chance to see rotation sites but interview went very well. It was very laid back and conversational, not traditional whatsoever. Everyone was very nice and welcoming and I had a great experience overall. Our interview group was about 30 people total and I was second in my group to be interviewed. I arrived at 10 and left by 2:30 right after my interview. It was a 2 on 1 closed file interview and I was interviewed by a current professor and a 3rd year medical student. They were both incredibly welcoming and kind.

Very cool. Man I'm hoping to get one there. I'd love to live in the area and be somewhat near my family. What stats do you have if you don't mind? I'm curious how competitive I am. I've heard from another interviewee that I have stats a little higher than theirs.

Had a 3.6 undergrad GPA but ended up getting my masters and had a 3.9 GPA, MCAT was not great I ended up with a 497 with each section around 50% (some higher and some a little under) but have excellent ECs to make up for it.