Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deposit deadline is April 30th. So PCOM will have a list of stats etc of previously accepted students who did not pay. They then can select similar delayed decision students to accept, waitlist or reject. It's really going to come down to the number of available seats.

My guess is adcom meeting on May 1st which is exactly one month since the last one. Letters printed and mailed on the 2nd and then stalk the mailbox. :eek:
And also, there are no extensions to send in the money according to the office so I suppose those who don't get their payment in will lose their seat...more for us

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand that though are they going to look at everyone in like 5 days? our deadline to hear is May 6th
whether we like it or not I am sure they know exactly who they are going to send accept letters to around the 6th.

Heads up folks, people who interviewed after the last comm mtg (april 1st) just received post interview notices. friend got a delayed decision letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just some stats from what I can remember at the welcome brunch:

8,300 applications to PCOM
~600 interview invites
~330 acceptances given out

class size is 268

Reactions: 3 users
class size is 268 right now? that means no one deferred is getting accepted. I mean I thought they had a 250 ish limit

you realize a good chunk of that 330 aren't going to submit the $1500 deposit. whatever seats open up are going to go to all the deferred decisions.

you realize a good chunk of that 330 aren't going to submit the $1500 deposit. whatever seats open up are going to go to all the deferred decisions.

At the open house I think they said their class size was too high last year and it was like 260 so I don't think they actually plan to have a 330 class size. I think they normally give more acceptances than they expect to enroll.

thats 330 acceptance given out this cycle, class size is 268.

not all accepted students matriculate, there is a large withdrawal, and whatever seats open up, go to deferred decisions, and the remaining go to students on the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
If it helps, looking at past years' stats, about 65% of accepted students end up matriculating in August.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
At the open house I think they said their class size was too high last year and it was like 260 so I don't think they actually plan to have a 330 class size. I think they normally give more acceptances than they expect to enroll.

They need to fill 268 spots. Those 330 people who were accepted aren't all going to commit to PCOM, so once April 30th comes i'm sure the wait list will start to move a long. I went to the open house last year which was the end of July and they said the day before they took some people off of the wait list and accepted them. So hang in there.

(To accepted students) Did you send the 1500 deposit by check or can you pay it on nucleus?

I mailed mine in. I didnt even know that nucleus was an option.

yeah you can make tuition payments online. I'm just wondering if it'll be sufficient since I dont have time to send a check. I really don't want to lose my seat...

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah you can make tuition payments online. I'm just wondering if it'll be sufficient since I dont have time to send a check. I really don't want to lose my seat...

Call and ask, I wouldn't mess around with the possibility of losing your seat.

A girl at the brunch told me she made the payment online and was sent the confirmation e-mail that it was received.

Anxiously awaiting the next few days...

Reactions: 2 users
Committee is meeting today, good luck everybody!

Reactions: 4 users
pretty sure they do that!

send out the letters at the end of the day of the committee meeting

that means they sent letters out, and we'll probably get them tomorrow (depending on where you live)

also, their deposit was due april 30th as well so it makes sense.

Still nothing In the mail today! This sucks since other schools have deposits and housing deposits due soon!

Keeping my fingers crossed that today is the day!

Well that's lame...they did say we would all have a decision on May 6, right?
I think it said by May 6. Does that mean if we don't get it by tomorrow we can start being annoying and call?

I think it said by May 6. Does that mean if we don't get it by tomorrow we can start being annoying and call?

I might do that when I get off of work and when I don't have a letter. At least to see what's going on- ya know- like if they sent the letters out last week or if they are sending them today.

I live near PCOM and no mail for me today either. . .

Maybe if someone calls, they will tell us if they are calling, or how they are sending these things out.

Just called. The lady who answered said she does not mail them out but if the letter says by May 6th then thats the date you will hear by. So stalk the box again tomorrow . . .

Just called. The lady who answered said she does not mail them out but if the letter says by May 6th then thats the date you will hear by. So stalk the box again tomorrow . . .

Wait so they don't mail them out, or she personally doesn't mail them out? SUCH A LONG WAIT-- it feels like forever.

Wait so they don't mail them out, or she personally doesn't mail them out? SUCH A LONG WAIT-- it feels like forever.

No, they do mail them out. She said "she does not personally mail them". Basically we have to wait til tomorrow.

This probably won't make anyone feel better, but PCOM-GA people had their letters mailed out May 1st. So. They will get us letters, eventually.

I'm curious as to how they will mail out letters to be received by tomorrow. Even if they mailed them on Saturday, those closest to the school should have gotten them today. If they mail them today, most will not get them tomorrow.

I'm curious as to how they will mail out letters to be received by tomorrow. Even if they mailed them on Saturday, those closest to the school should have gotten them today. If they mail them today, most will not get them tomorrow.

I think they mailed them on Friday. I got my DD letter on a saturday and they met on a Tuesday.

Good luck to all of us tomorrow or whenever the PCOM owls bring us our letters.

May the odds ever be in your favor.

#nerdcrosssreferences

Reactions: 4 users
They did not mail them on Friday bc I get letters from PCOM quickly. Must be going out today so we shall see tomorrow.

Last edited:
hey guys, i called yesterday afternoon and the lady who answered said that the delayed decision letter states that the letters will be mailed no later than the 6th. can someone confirm this? because if thats the case, then it sounds like today is the latest that they will be sent out, not received.

hey guys, i called yesterday afternoon and the lady who answered said that the delayed decision letter states that the letters will be mailed no later than the 6th. can someone confirm this? because if thats the case, then it sounds like today is the latest that they will be sent out, not received.
"Decision letters will be mailed on an ongoing basis and no later than May 6". That's super annoying.

I know that a portion of the committee met last week. I know someone got an e-mail from admissions saying either that letters have been mailed, or that they will be mailed today? I don't know I thought they were mailed on Friday since the meeting was on Thursday, and "delayed- decision" students were ranked last Tuesday.

I know that a portion of the committee met last week. I know someone got an e-mail from admissions saying either that letters have been mailed, or that they will be mailed today? I don't know I thought they were mailed on Friday since the meeting was on Thursday, and "delayed- decision" students were ranked last Tuesday.
Do you know how they were ranked?