Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah man. That sounds like they've already met last week then. I really want to call and ask, but I think it'd probably come across as obnoxious at this point since they'll probably e-mail us by next week. Gotta try and stay patient. How's everyone's summer going?

Members don't see this ad.

How can they tell how many seats are going to be available until people withdraw? It is all up to those holding multiple seats to finally make a decision so waitlist can have results.They keep a lot on the list in case there is a flurry of movement so they have enough to pull from I'm sure.

How can they tell how many seats are going to be available until people withdraw? It is all up to those holding multiple seats to finally make a decision so waitlist can have results.They keep a lot on the list in case there is a flurry of movement so they have enough to pull from I'm sure.

Maybe. But keep in mind that the waitlist isn't ranked, which means that they need to keep the pool small enough that they can easily select a replacement. Also, PCOM has been doing this for over a century. They've got to have waitlist sizing down to a science by now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone receive the email update?

I did. Does anyone know if PCOM has continued to have waitlist movement at the end of July and beginning of August in the past?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but is anyone aware if PCOM has any regional bias or if there is preference for people close to affiliate campuses? I'm applying from GA and there is a PCOM campus here in Suwanee, but I have a little interest in going in-state (other reasons; I liked the campus and staff). I have gone and visited the GA-PCOM campus and talked to the staff there, but they do not know much about the preferences in PA other than the fact they run all the applications through there. I asked specifically and the only thing the person I was talking to could tell me was that it used to be if you were accepted at one campus you were most likely accepted at the other, but apparently they are becoming more independent.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but is anyone aware if PCOM has any regional bias or if there is preference for people close to affiliate campuses? I'm applying from GA and there is a PCOM campus here in Suwanee, but I have a little interest in going in-state (other reasons; I liked the campus and staff). I have gone and visited the GA-PCOM campus and talked to the staff there, but they do not know much about the preferences in PA other than the fact they run all the applications through there. I asked specifically and the only thing the person I was talking to could tell me was that it used to be if you were accepted at one campus you were most likely accepted at the other, but apparently they are becoming more independent.

pcom philly has high preference for pa and delaware residents

They are totally separate - separate applications and separate committees, you send all your information to Philly but if you get accepted to one it is certainly not an automatic acceptance to the other

Just got an acceptance email! I'm really surprised because I also got the "waitlist update" email at the end of last week. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance email! I'm really surprised because I also got the "waitlist update" email at the end of last week. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congratulations!!!!

Anyone considering getting an iPad in lieu of print textbooks?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back a week ago, so they are definitely still meeting. Good luck!

You were taken off the waitlist a week ago or you heard that they were still meeting as of a week ago? If you got in, congratulations!

You were taken off the waitlist a week ago or you heard that they were still meeting as of a week ago? If you got in, congratulations!

I got in last week - so my guess would be that they'll still meet at least one more time before sending the August update next week - this is based on the assumption that they let in at least a few people on the same day as me. If at least one of those people has already gotten settled at another school/location they might decline their spot off the waitlist. My deposit was due yesterday, so if this happened there might be an open seat or two still. This is all just educated guessing on my part though, so just take take it for what it's worth. At the very least they do at least seem to still be meeting, so the class isn't finalized. Thank you and good luck again! Hope to see you in the fall.

They might not send an August update since Orientation starts on Monday. The update will be try try try again.

I'm hoping it says, "Since we have put you on the waitlist because of space, we have offered you early acceptance to the PCOM class of 2019, where there is currently lots of space!" :welcome:

I'm hoping it says, "Since we have put you on the waitlist because of space, we have offered you early acceptance to the PCOM class of 2019, where there is currently lots of space!" :welcome:

The august update went out a few days ago

Reactions: 1 user
haha never going to happen

So...are we calling time of death on this waitlist since school starts Monday, or is there still a chance of withdrawal through the weekend or early next week? :( Anyone hear anything?

So...are we calling time of death on this waitlist since school starts Monday, or is there still a chance of withdrawal through the weekend or early next week? :( Anyone hear anything?
classes start monday, time of death was 4:59 pm today.

rejected in august after interviewing in the spring. currently attending another osteopathic medical school that I am really enjoying so far. grateful not to have to reapply. when I received rejections from other schools that interested me, the rejections stung but I was able to move on quickly and focus on what really matters. PCOM is different. they kept me on my toes with uncertainty for a long time. that makes rejection worse. I wish their admissions was more organized and timely.