Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, looks like I'll be seeing you guys around next year...Interviewed the 24th as well, and got accepted yesterday too! Anyone make a Facebook group yet? Shotty not it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, looks like I'll be seeing you guys around next year...Interviewed the 24th as well, and got accepted yesterday too! Anyone make a Facebook group yet? Shotty not it.

Congrats! Yeah, why not someone's got to put together a FB group sometime why not now

Reactions: 1 user
3.4, 3.6, 26; 3.5 yrs paramedic, board member for multimillion dollar philanthropy (I think PCOM is big on service).

Complete mid-August.

3.4, 3.6, 26; 3.5 yrs paramedic, board member for multimillion dollar philanthropy (I think PCOM is big on service).

Complete mid-August.
I am a paramedic also and head of EMS operations for a fire department near Youngstown, Ohio. Where are you a medic?

any hotel suggestions that are somewhat close to the school?

Almost had another heart attack. Got an email with the subject "Message from PCOM Admissions". Unfortunately it wasn't an interview invite, but fortunately it wasn't a rejection!

Members don't see this ad :)
Been there bro, like someone posted earlier I got an email invite to the open house. Hang in there !

is anybody applying through a Dual Undergrad program like a 3+4 program to PCOM on here?

Almost had another heart attack. Got an email with the subject "Message from PCOM Admissions". Unfortunately it wasn't an interview invite, but fortunately it wasn't a rejection!
I am guessing we are from the same city. This was the second email right? The beginning of the email read " you are cordially invited". I was sure it was an interview, so disappointed lol.

I am guessing we are from the same city. This was the second email right? The beginning of the email read " you are cordially invited". I was sure it was an interview, so disappointed lol.
See you there?

You submitted your app a week ago.... No need to be concerned yet. Did you send in the fee as well? They said it takes approx 15 business days for everything to be processed once they've received it all.

Haha, I realized that after I posted that message. I guess the anxiety is getting to me. This waiting periods suck. First for the MCAT score. Then to hear back to either get rejected or for an II. If given an II, then to wait and hear back on acceptance or being waitlisted. How in God's earth do you guys have the patience to wait for everything?!

Haha, I realized that after I posted that message. I guess the anxiety is getting to me. This waiting periods suck. First for the MCAT score. Then to hear back to either get rejected or for an II. If given an II, then to wait and hear back on acceptance or being waitlisted. How in God's earth do you guys have the patience to wait for everything?!

We don't! I've been going crazy since June 5th!!!

Complete aug 8. Still no word. PCOM, Y U DO DIS 2 Me??

I had a dream I got an interview here last night. Still no word and I was complete early August. :/

Reactions: 2 users
Does PCOM send you an email saying they recieved your secondary application? I submitted my secondary a little over a week ago, and I haven't heard anything. I am not asking about a complete file email, just an acknowledgement of recieving the electronic secondary. I am starting to worry it didnt go through.
You need to wait at least 15 business days for anything to happen especially at this time of the year then you get an email with instructions on checking what they have in your file.

Sorry if this was asked earlier, but do they send out "complete" e-mails or do you just make sure there is a date next to all of the components on the portal?

I had a dream I got an interview here last night. Still no word and I was complete early August. :/
When yours was marked complete, was the section for a committee letter blank? My app has all of the letter of recommendation requirements except for that one. My school doesn't even have a committee for that lol

II a little bit ago for 11/3. PCOM is one of my top 5 choices (including both MD and DO).

Everything was marked complete on 7/29 for me.
Non trad applicant. 3.59 undergrad GPA 3.53 masters GPA, 29 MCAT, 2 pending publication, a lot of research and clinical experience but nothing out of the ordinary.

Staying off this site has done a whole lot of good for me...I was going crazy when checking it daily but I'm glad to hear that people have already gotten acceptances!

I went back a few pages looking for anything about student hosting. Couldn't find anything - does anyone know if PCOM offers something like this?

Still waiting to hear back after the secondary. Hoping for that II soon!

II for 11/3 at 12 noon ... 29 3.83 philly native

Reactions: 2 users
I was complete 9/24. I guess I will not be hearing back till at least the end of November or mid December the way it's going. Oh well, just guess I gotta suck it up and wait for this to be over. +pissed+

When yours was marked complete, was the section for a committee letter blank? My app has all of the letter of recommendation requirements except for that one. My school doesn't even have a committee for that lol
The committee letter section is marked as complete for me, but I do have a committee letter.

My school doesn't have one either. If your committee letter box is still there that means you are not complete. When you are complete that box will go away and be replaced by the letters they have received that meet the requirements if a committee letter is not available. I had to call them to find out why mine was changing and it turned out that one of my letters was not official letterhead. Once I had my writer update it to include the letterhead and submitted it they changed it. I would recommend checking to make sure the letters you sent meet the required letters (2 Science and 1 non-science) and if so I would call to see if there is a problem with any of them. When your complete without a committee letter it should look like this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 3.39.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 3.39.16 PM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 91
Okay I'll shoot. The secondary says: The “Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter” will appear as required until the approved letter is received and/or all three of the alternative letters (two science faculty/one other faculty) are received/processed.

Here's mine. I know I have everything in but the committee letter didn't go away as required. Anyone have this happen?
Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 4.03.06 PM.png

Okay I'll shoot. The secondary says: The “Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter” will appear as required until the approved letter is received and/or all three of the alternative letters (two science faculty/one other faculty) are received/processed.

Here's mine. I know I have everything in but the committee letter didn't go away as required. Anyone have this happen?View attachment 186165

Yeah, you're complete. All my letters went in individually at first as additional information and then once they were processed the Committee box filled in even though I didn't use a committee. I think it's just saying that you've met the LOR requirement.

Thank you! 32/3.2 UGPA/3.5 GradGPA/nontraditional/a lot of publications (5 first author)/Complete 9/2.

Here's mine. I know I have everything in but the committee letter didn't go away as required. Anyone have this happen?View attachment 186165

I sent 3 science faculty and one DO letter, and mine looks the same way. I just assumed that meant I was complete. Near the top of the page it says "If there is a date populated in the Received column for each required item, your application is complete." So.... I think we're OK.

Last edited:
Oh ok thanks for the tip, I need to get on that. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything and then they sent me a reminder email.
My school doesn't have one either. If your committee letter box is still there that means you are not complete. When you are complete that box will go away and be replaced by the letters they have received that meet the requirements if a committee letter is not available. I had to call them to find out why mine was changing and it turned out that one of my letters was not official letterhead. Once I had my writer update it to include the letterhead and submitted it they changed it. I would recommend checking to make sure the letters you sent meet the required letters (2 Science and 1 non-science) and if so I would call to see if there is a problem with any of them. When your complete without a committee letter it should look like this:

@aspdr do you think this is an informal interview almost?
Hey buddy! not sure if it is an informal interview but it could be as u get to meet faculty, staff and adcom members. They may probably send u an interview offer if they like u ( i guess) but I am not sure on it. Did you check to see if a similiar event had happened last year? I am actually not attending because of my work schedule. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
II ! Complete early August/ Lizzy m ~64
Interview for 11/10

Hey, for the accepted students: did you receive any notification when PCOM received your deposit?? Are we supposed to?