Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do they start sending out ii?

Members don't see this ad.

Well it looks like I am done here. I have called and emailed and tried my hardest to find out what is wrong with my letters but no one can help me. Was told when I called that they can't find anything wrong with my letters and there are no notes attached to my apps. I was told just to wait it out and to call back in 3 weeks if it doesn't clear up. Be a little too late then don't you think. Oh well... This isn't the only school where my app got lost in the machine. Still waiting for a secondary from Drexel....

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called and was very polite and I got the answer I needed. Too bad you couldn't be patient WorldChanger... Mid-September isn't late by any means for DO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just called and was very polite and I got the answer I needed. Too bad you couldn't be patient WorldChanger... Mid-September isn't late by any means for DO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I guess the answer you needed was what hours they are available to take your call because they are closed.

Well it looks like I am done here. I have called and emailed and tried my hardest to find out what is wrong with my letters but no one can help me. Was told when I called that they can't find anything wrong with my letters and there are no notes attached to my apps. I was told just to wait it out and to call back in 3 weeks if it doesn't clear up. Be a little too late then don't you think. Oh well... This isn't the only school where my app got lost in the machine. Still waiting for a secondary from Drexel....
If they told you there's nothing wrong with your letters then there's nothing wrong with your letters! Just think about it; they probably know better than you do considering it's their job to take care of all of these issues. Just be patient and wait it out, it will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

I applied last year in jan, interviewed march, dd april, wl may, never got off the wl. but my letters were never updated to say anything other than "received" the entire time. so if you're worried about that, don't be. it's way too early in the cycle to count yourself out! good luck!

I applied last year in jan, interviewed march, dd april, wl may, never got off the wl. but my letters were never updated to say anything other than "received" the entire time. so if you're worried about that, don't be. it's way too early in the cycle to count yourself out! good luck!
I would love it if my letters said received but they don't. I can only see that they have 3 out of the 5 they were sent and I keep getting emails telling me I am incomplete. I really just want to fix it and move on but I think admission is so busy right now they really don't have time to investigate the problem ( I am thinking it is a IT problem). I guess it can't be helped but it is frustrating as anything. I have two invites so far this cycle so I can't complain really however the reality is I can only afford to hold one acceptance ( if I get one) and I was hoping one of the PCOMs would be it. App process is not the most pleasant thing and I think some people forget it is not all roses for some.

Also received an email stating my app was incomplete. Shows I'm missing an LOR, I sent in 5 with all the requisite letters in that package... Mistake emails? PCOM is slowly circling the drain as a top choice of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I would love it if my letters said received but they don't. I can only see that they have 3 out of the 5 they were sent and I keep getting emails telling me I am incomplete. I really just want to fix it and move on but I think admission is so busy right now they really don't have time to investigate the problem ( I am thinking it is a IT problem). I guess it can't be helped but it is frustrating as anything. I have two invites so far this cycle so I can't complain really however the reality is I can only afford to hold one acceptance ( if I get one) and I was hoping one of the PCOMs would be it. App process is not the most pleasant thing and I think some people forget it is not all roses for some.
Just an FYI they show the Advisor/Commitee Letter, the DO Letter, and a Miscellaneous Ltr of Recommendation only. They won't show multiples IIRC, and I have 5 letters into them and only show these three. They said they had lots of letters from me-5 or 6, when I called.

Also received an email stating my app was incomplete. Shows I'm missing an LOR, I sent in 5 with all the requisite letters in that package... Mistake emails? PCOM is slowly circling the drain as a top choice of mine.

Make sure all of your letters are signed and on letterhead. That was the first thing I checked when I noticed a problem. Give them a call tomorrow it could be something simple you could fix over the phone.

Make sure all of your letters are signed and on letterhead. That was the first thing I checked when I noticed a problem. Give them a call tomorrow it could be something simple you could fix over the phone.

I'm about 99.9% certain they are but I will def call tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Members don't see this ad :)
For clarity here is what my status page shows me...

Requirements

Requirement Received Note Status
Application Fee Aug 18, 2014
Pre-Health Advsr/Committee Ltr
MCAT Scores Aug 06, 2012
Supplemental Application Aug 18, 2014
Additional Information Received
Document Received Note Status
DO-Letter of Recommendation 1 Aug 18, 2014
LOR Sci Faculty 1 Aug 26, 2014
LOR Sci Faculty 2 Aug 26, 2014

For clarity here is what my status page shows me...

Requirements

Requirement Received Note Status
Application Fee Aug 18, 2014
Pre-Health Advsr/Committee Ltr
MCAT Scores Aug 06, 2012
Supplemental Application Aug 18, 2014
Additional Information Received
Document Received Note Status
DO-Letter of Recommendation 1 Aug 18, 2014
LOR Sci Faculty 1 Aug 26, 2014
LOR Sci Faculty 2 Aug 26, 2014
Looks good to me except that 3rd letter! The requirement is 3 faculty letters so you're missing that third one, which doesn't have to be from a science professor.

My AACOMAS was sent to PCOM August 21st. It has been nearly 3 weeks without a PCOM secondary. Should I give them a call or wait out a few more days to receive the secondary?

Isn't 8/21 to present less than 2 weeks? Anyhow, I received my secondary on 8/27, the day after my AACOMAS application was sent to PCOM

SO we have finally figured out what the problem was and I was correct it was a computer error that prevented one of my letters from opening. They requested I resend it so I did I should be good in a few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, so here's my question in regards to the LORs. I submitted a packet of 5 letters, 2 sci profs, 1 non-sci, 1 DO, and 1 misc. In my application summary, I have marked as "received" on 8/18 the pre-health advisor/committee letter. But, I did not submit a pre-health advisor/committee letter. Is this just referring to my other letters being received? I'm just concerned because @WorldChanger36 's status has his LORs listed separately.

Okay, so here's my question in regards to the LORs. I submitted a packet of 5 letters, 2 sci profs, 1 non-sci, 1 DO, and 1 misc. In my application summary, I have marked as "received" on 8/18 the pre-health advisor/committee letter. But, I did not submit a pre-health advisor/committee letter. Is this just referring to my other letters being received? I'm just concerned because @WorldChanger36 's status has his LORs listed separately.
Mine say the same thing. Before all of my letters were received though they specifically said science letter. Once they were all received the committee letter box was filled in. I suspect worldchanger had the specific letters listed because one of his letters was "missing" thus he didn't fulfill the alternate "committee" requirement. The site specifically states that once all the fields are full you are considered complete. Don't obsess over it.

it says specifically on the admissions requirements that a committee letter is required OR letters from 2 science faculty, and 1 non science faculty.
the part where it lists LORs is not in the "required" section. Mine were listed individually until I submitted by 2nd science letter and then the other box checked off.

Has anyone sent updated transcripts to AACOMAS if you took summer courses? If so, sis it take awhile for them to update your application.

Has anyone sent updated transcripts to AACOMAS if you took summer courses? If so, sis it take awhile for them to update your application.
They received my transcript for ONE course in early August and its still not updated. I think they are really really backed up at the moment, and when I looked at the verification thread, its been taking them longer than 6 weeks sometimes for some people

They received my transcript for ONE course in early August and its still not updated. I think they are really really backed up at the moment, and when I looked at the verification thread, its been taking them longer than 6 weeks sometimes for some people
So they will still email you when they receive your transcript?

So they will still email you when they receive your transcript?
No but if you log into AACOMAS, there is a link you can click on for transcripts and it will tell you the date they receive all the the transcripts

No but if you log into AACOMAS, there is a link you can click on for transcripts and it will tell you the date they receive all the the transcripts
Thank you. I just checked and they received it today.

Mine say the same thing. Before all of my letters were received though they specifically said science letter. Once they were all received the committee letter box was filled in. I suspect worldchanger had the specific letters listed because one of his letters was "missing" thus he didn't fulfill the alternate "committee" requirement. The site specifically states that once all the fields are full you are considered complete. Don't obsess over it.
This... also my situation that caused the letter to be missing was very atypical. If you have dates by the required docs you are ready for review.

Browsed through and didn't see this answered about LORs:

The web site states that two of the three faculty letters must be from science professors. It doesn't specifically state that there must be a non-science letter, but the wording makes it seem implied. Is this the case, or is it OK to submit three science LORs?

Browsed through and didn't see this answered about LORs:

The web site states that two of the three faculty letters must be from science professors. It doesn't specifically state that there must be a non-science letter, but the wording makes it seem implied. Is this the case, or is it OK to submit three science LORs?
Yep, they are trying to make it easier with 2 science and then you can send another science or another professor. Just beware they do not accept research volunteer, assistant positions and if the professor does not specifically note what class a lab was for then you are going to have to get an update from that professor.

So are the invites are actually sent out already? Can someone else confirm this news?!

Sample size of n=1 of "a friend" is quite unreliable

No one else has reported getting an II from PCOM anywhere else so I would say wait until we have further reports

II have been sent. First round of interviews start next week.

Sample size of n=1 of "a friend" is quite unreliable

No one else has reported getting an II from PCOM anywhere else so I would say wait until we have further reports
My friend was totally accurate, interviews will begin on the 16th. They send out invites by email and they give you a date, you can apparently reschedule once if needed, but only once.

My friend was totally accurate, interviews will begin on the 16th. They send out invites by email and they give you a date, you can apparently reschedule once if needed, but only once.

Sorry!

I myself am disappointed to report no II; 3.58/30 OOS

Really thought I had a shot

EDIT: My app was submitted 7/25, but my letters were in and app complete by 8/5
Anyone complete around then get an II yet?

Sorry for being neurotic I just really really wanted to hear from this school

Last edited:
Sorry!

Dude, breath. No news right now doesnt mean anything. Give them a few more weeks before you start to panic. You have good stats! All will be ok.

I submitted my secondary August 2nd and never received a complete email. They have so many applications to go through though, I really wouldn't worry.

Sorry!

Is PCOM receptive to "in the area" emails? I am in Philly for the next hour and a half on my way back to Denver. Think they would let me come in and interview real quick?