Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully getting an interview soon. Does anyone know if they're receptive to in-the-area emails? Or just showing up for a tour/admissions visit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed January 14th heard back yet?

I interviewed 01/13 and haven't heard back yet. I think the admissions committee met on 02/04 and I remember them saying we could expect letters as early as 02/10ish

PCOM was awesome. Interview day made me love it even more!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if PCOM sends out rejection letters before the end (may)? Or are all answers and letters only sent out in the end..

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed Jan 14th and still haven't heard back yet either :(
I interviewed Jan 11th and can confirm still nothing. I am hoping today is the day or early next week! :) Prayers up for everyone waiting :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
does anybody know if you only get access to "nucleus" after paying the $1500 deposit?

Hi,
does anybody know if you only get access to "nucleus" after paying the $1500 deposit?

Nope. Once you get accepted, you should get a welcome email that will have your log-in information for nucleus. Not sure if this is only after you pay your $250 though. Most people got the email within a week or two of their acceptance, but I had to call PCOM about mine because I didn't get anything after 2 months of acceptance @_@ Once I called, they were really nice and helpful, there was some technical errors on their side and so they just re-sent the email to me and I was able to log into Nucleus.

I interviewed Jan 11th and can confirm still nothing. I am hoping today is the day or early next week! :) Prayers up for everyone waiting :)

I live in Philly and interviewed on Jan 13. No letter in the mail today:(

Nope. Once you get accepted, you should get a welcome email that will have your log-in information for nucleus. Not sure if this is only after you pay your $250 though. Most people got the email within a week or two of their acceptance, but I had to call PCOM about mine because I didn't get anything after 2 months of acceptance @_@ Once I called, they were really nice and helpful, there was some technical errors on their side and so they just re-sent the email to me and I was able to log into Nucleus.
Thank you, I am going to call them too, I was accepted back in December, and I haven't received anything yet. Thank you again.

Ok - I know this is probably answered elsewhere in this thread, but I was wondering how the interview day is setup?

How many applicants? What is the "Open File Interview with Laptops" consist of?

I interview in about a week and a half and am stressing.

Hi,

Its definitely after the $250 + technical standards. But I got mine about 5 weeks after I sent in both but they said it was a technical glitch in December. If you've sent in both, call them.

Ok - I know this is probably answered elsewhere in this thread, but I was wondering how the interview day is setup?

The open file with laptops thing is basically just them with laptops open to see your application. It's not a big deal, I think they just make it known that they have the laptops so you don't think that they're not paying attention to you or something. Interview day was fun! Relax and be yourself. Everyone was SUPER nice.

Reactions: 1 users

Campus tour first, given by 2 current students. My interview day had 16 students so we were broken into groups of 4. After the tour, everyone comes back together for lunch with a couple of the tour students and someone from Student Affairs to answer questions. Following lunch was a brief talk with someone from financial aid, and then the interviews. Open file with laptops just means that whoever interviews you will have a computer in front of them with your application open so they can ask things specific to you. This is the opposite of closed file interviews at other schools, where you and the interviewer just talk and they don't have much, if any, prior knowledge about you or your application. Don't freak out. It was a low stress interview day. You'll do great!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Maybe you interviewed before me? I was on January 27. All my portal says is the application summary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

They may be going in alphabetical order my portal has changed as well and I interviewed on the 27th.

For everyone who received an II recently, when were you complete? Not too concerned about the stats because those vary so much from person to person, but the timeframe has me stressin! I'm interviewing at CCOM at 8am tomorrow so my mind is working at a million miles an hour!

If you have a link to pay the $250 deposit, you would get your acceptance letter tomorrow. Congrats...
Thanks, I actually did receive it this morning. Congrats to everyone else who was accepted as well.

Did anyone else receive an acceptance letter and their application portal wasn't changed?

Did anyone else receive an acceptance letter and their application portal wasn't changed?
I'd like to know this as well. The portal thing has me a little worried and I haven't made it home from work yet. Did anyone get an acceptance letter without having their portal changed?

Got my acceptance letter today! Super excited!

Just got my acceptance!!!!! I am so happy and relieved!

Hello everyone! I interviewed Jan 11th and I really thought I would have a letter by now! The focus of my week has been checking the mail For those of you that interviewed with me, have any of you received your letters -and when?

Hello everyone! I interviewed Jan 11th and I really thought I would have a letter by now! The focus of my week has been checking the mail For those of you that interviewed with me, have any of you received your letters -and when?

I interviewed same day as you, received letter yesterday. Probably depend on your location

I interviewed same day as you, received letter yesterday. Probably depend on your location
I am all the way out in SD so it will probably take more time. I guess I will just have to hold on a little longer :( thank you!