Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who has gotten a delayed decision heard back yet? Or does PCOM generally wait until the end of April to get back to all delayed decisions?

From the looks of it from last years thread we'll be waiting until late April.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has gotten a delayed decision heard back yet? Or does PCOM generally wait until the end of April to get back to all delayed decisions?

I broke out the Delayed Decision stuff into another thread also

Awesome thanks! So I am assuming today and tomorrow are the last days for interviews? Or are they already done?

so those of us waiting to hear back to receive an interview are basically screwed?

Reactions: 1 user
My delyaed de
Awesome thanks! So I am assuming today and tomorrow are the last days for interviews? Or are they already done?
I'm not sure because the DD said that they were interviewing through the first week of April

I heard yesterday was the last day.

Yea I talked to someone who had talked to the admissions committee today and yesterday was supposedly the last day of interviews. Said they would probably be meeting at the end of the week and then evaluate applicants weekly. Something like that.

This is kind of a totally unrelated question, but has anyone had success changing their Nucleus password? I can't seem to figure out how to do it. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news for 3/21 interviewees don't forget to let us know.. I'm wondering if we will find out by snail mail or email at this point..

I found that page, but I'm having trouble with finding this "Set Recovery Info" option to set my recovery email address. Do you have any idea where to find it?

You have to Login first with your PCOM ID and password (if you haven't changed it yet, it'll be the one they gave you).

Then there's a "Set Recovery Info" option. :)

Hi everyone! Crossing fingers for all of you waiting to hear back! So although I'm patiently waiting to hear back from my top choice school; I want to look into apartments near PCOM incase it doesn't pan out. Any suggestions of affordable apartments that are close to PCOM with decent parking?

I posted this a couple pages back, but I thought I'd post again for the new posters with "delayed decisions." This is after I perused last years forum for PCOM:

Also, for those who are curious and who have been wait listed/delayed decision, it looks like about 10 people on SDN received acceptances late in the game after being waitlisted/delayed, starting from February and some into July.

I did see one person received a rejection later in the game, like July. But for that one person rejected, there were those 10 accepted.

I spoke to my friend who's a first year and she states she knows a handful of current students who were wait listed or their decision was deferred before they were offered acceptances. It seems like they do pull a lot from these lists of people (this is purely an anecdote, I clearly have no statistics). I mentioned the delayed decision to my advisor as well, she said that's a good sign that we're still being strongly considered. I know I was beyond bummed out at my deferred decision, too. However, it seems that there's still a good reason to hope!
I was also given a "delayed decision" notification in February and I interviewed in January. I was definitely discouraged but after I picked my hopes and dreams up off of the floor I was in contact with all of the admissions committee and took some time to write a very in depth letter of intent. I also had an alumni I shadowed send an extra letter of recommendation on my behalf. Thank you for posting about the delayed decision, that information is definitely giving me hope about still getting in. I am still waiting to hear back now in April. I will let you guys know, and good luck to everyone else in the same position. Hope to see you all this Fall.

Officially sick of the med school process. Delayed decision.
Me too. It's makes me so anxious. Also, to make matters a little worse my roommate interviewed the same day with the same people and got in, and my other roommate interviewed last week. It makes things very tense! I will be praying for us delayed decision-ers! Keep your head up! :)

Me too. It's makes me so anxious. Also, to make matters a little worse my roommate interviewed the same day with the same people and got in, and my other roommate interviewed last week. It makes things very tense! I will be praying for us delayed decision-ers! Keep your head up! :)

I've given up...comparing stats and ECs means nothing...talking to my sister who graduated med school in 1999 ..she is like I probably would be in the same boat...how things have changed

Has anyone figured out the reason as to why some applicants are receiving delayed decision letters with a specific month as to when they'll hear back from PCOM and others are receiving a delayed decision letter without a month (open-ended)? I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered!

Has anyone figured out the reason as to why some applicants are receiving delayed decision letters with a specific month as to when they'll hear back from PCOM and others are receiving a delayed decision letter without a month (open-ended)? I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered!
This is interesting. This is the first I've heard of certain peoples delayed decision letter stating that theyd hear back by a certain date. Mine simply said I'd hear well before the start date in August. :-/

This is interesting. This is the first I've heard of certain peoples delayed decision letter stating that theyd hear back by a certain date. Mine simply said I'd hear well before the start date in August. :-/
It literally said "well" before August?

Honestly- I wouldn't read into it. It most likely means nothing. Probably two different templates used accidentally or something.

April 29th vs. August is a pretty big timeframe to toss it up to just being a "different template"

April 29th vs. August is a pretty big timeframe to toss it up to just being a "different template"

Yea I definitely could be wrong. It just strikes me as odd that they would intentionally make certain delayed decision letters slightly different even though we all got the same ( delayed ) decision. Then again- a lot of **** in this process has seemed odd to me.

Did anyone get either just hold or hold for grades & heard back after that?

I'm also interested to hear if anyone knows the difference between delayed decisions with dates and those without

Yeah it's a huge difference that's why I was curious. I wonder if the office of admissions would answer that question if I called to ask about it.

General question for those who have heard back following an interview; were you told 5 weeks or so before you get an answer? I was just wondering as from reading SDN it seems many people heard back between 2 and 4 weeks. I'm currently waiting for my initial response post interview and the anticipation is ridiculous already. However, I'm not sure whether I should be expecting to wait 5 full weeks or if I should be hearing something any day now. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Well mine said the "well before" comment but I mean if you think about it, even if you are waitlisted you can still be accepted a day or week before classes start. But it does making decisions harder.

@Jdp007 - I am not sure honestly. I just heard that the adcom may be meeting every week until August so you may hear back sooner than later?

Well mine said the "well before" comment but I mean if you think about it, even if you are waitlisted you can still be accepted a day or week before classes start. But it does making decisions harder.

@Jdp007 - I am not sure honestly. I just heard that the adcom may be meeting every week until August so you may hear back sooner than later?
Yea I've heard stories of people finding out literally the day before classes started :/

Last edited:
Yea I've herd stories of people finding out literally the day before classes started :/

I kind of want to know sooner rather than later because I was asked to teach this summer and that ends August 13th...

General question for those who have heard back following an interview; were you told 5 weeks or so before you get an answer? I was just wondering as from reading SDN it seems many people heard back between 2 and 4 weeks. I'm currently waiting for my initial response post interview and the anticipation is ridiculous already. However, I'm not sure whether I should be expecting to wait 5 full weeks or if I should be hearing something any day now. Thanks!

Any word on when the committee will meet next? Any current student willing to do some investigative work?

I've been told on SDN and elsewhere that supposedly they meet weekly throughout April. However, I interviewed 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Hopefully soon though!

So I called the admissions office just a minute ago to asked about my "delayed decision date" concern and they were unable to tell me anything (which I figured would happen). They also were unable to tell me if those without a date should look to hear back from admissions by any month before August (which I also figured would happen). All in all it was a big fat fail but hey I tried :(

Reactions: 1 users
So I called the admissions office just a minute ago to asked about my "delayed decision date" concern and they were unable to tell me anything (which I figured would happen). They also were unable to tell me if those without a date should look to hear back from admissions by any month before August (which I also figured would happen). All in all it was a big fat fail but hey I tried :(

Thanks for trying!

I've been told on SDN and elsewhere that supposedly they meet weekly throughout April. However, I interviewed 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Hopefully soon though!

That's what I heard also...as I check my mail everyday anxiously

That's what I heard also...as I check my mail everyday anxiously
I check my mail daily and every 15 minutes at the time the mail usually comes as well. Needless to say it's driving me crazy.

I got a delayed decision way back in December and I heard back in late January. I believe when they get back to you is on a case by case basis. Looking at how late in the cycle things are though, I'm thinking they might drag it out until late April before they get back to you.

If anyone is going to campus in May or June and would like a place to stay please email me at [email protected]. I have a room available in a 2 bed and 1 bath near campus. This is only for people who are interviewing or have been accepted to PCOM.

So to people who got in. Right now when I log in I click on my application for this year and the page says Thanks for your blah blah and you scroll down and see the checlist with the dates or whatever. Has been this way since way before I interviewed.

How exactly does it change post-acceptance? I travel for my job and I'm sometimes away from my mail box for weeks at a time. So figuring out how the portal changes once you are accepted (I am delayed decision) would be very useful for me.

I got a delayed decision way back in December and I heard back in late January. I believe when they get back to you is on a case by case basis. Looking at how late in the cycle things are though, I'm thinking they might drag it out until late April before they get back to you.

Nice!

So to people who got in. Right now when I log in I click on my application for this year and the page says Thanks for your blah blah and you scroll down and see the checlist with the dates or whatever. Has been this way since way before I interviewed.

How exactly does it change post-acceptance? I travel for my job and I'm sometimes away from my mail box for weeks at a time. So figuring out how the portal changes once you are accepted (I am delayed decision) would be very useful for me.
Also very interested in knowing how the portal changes post acceptance.

After you get accepted there will be bullet points under the "Thank you blah blah blah" part which will say something like "The required tuition deposit of xxx blah blah blah. Click here to proceed to payment." This is for the $250 deposit as well as the $1500 deposit (once you pay the $250 and it shows up on your checklist as received, that bullet and link goes away).