Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I it says for me that the payment has been received yesterday but that the supplemental application and LOR haven't been received. Did you get an email update or just see it on the portal?

e-mail update. Also the Philadelphia campus hasn't gotten my MCAT or LORs yet despite submitting to both schools within the same 10 minutes. Probably just taking a little time is all. At the Georgia campus I am completed though.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted last night and all I see is the mcat.

Will give it time

takes a few days. submitted 7/26 and letters, fee, and mcat updated 7/29.
supplemental has yet to be updated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody applying here from the West Coast...?

Reactions: 1 user
My old mcat shows up on the georgia status page but my new mcat shows up on the philly status page. Anyone else?

Just checked my online application summary and it shows one of my LoRs is not on letterhead-- damn! Now I gotta hope my professor is checking his email during summer to hopefully resubmit it..... Arghhhh pcom is pretty stringent on the letterhead requirement isn't it? :(

Just checked my online application summary and it shows one of my LoRs is not on letterhead-- damn! Now I gotta hope my professor is checking his email during summer to hopefully resubmit it..... Arghhhh pcom is pretty stringent on the letterhead requirement isn't it? :(

They said that on the comments section ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They said that on the comments section ?

Yes it said that on the comment section-- but thankfully my prof. resubmitted my letter via interfolio and i'm sending it to pcom-- hopefully that will address the letterhead req.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I it says for me that the payment has been received yesterday but that the supplemental application and LOR haven't been received. Did you get an email update or just see it on the portal?
They do say it takes 15 business days.

For those of you who have applied to this school before, are you re-submitting the same essay for the secondary. I applied during the 2014-2015 cycle and my experience was pretty meaningful, but I'm not sure how the school would interpret me using the same event. If it is relevant, I did interview and was waitlisted for the GA campus.

Everything has been received for me except for my actual secondary. With no confirmation e-mail, I'm getting paranoid and starting to wonder if I actually submitted my secondary. :lame:

+1

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone have to get a WES evaluation for their study abroad transcript? I called and they said I did, even though all my grades/courses were transferred to my college transcript...

If your letters arrive but do not meet their standard will they tell you that or will the portal just say that LORs are incomplete?

If your letters arrive but do not meet their standard will they tell you that or will the portal just say that LORs are incomplete?

On the portal, there will be comments next to your LORs when they get a chance to review them. In my case, one of my science professors did not have the letter on official letterhead, with the comment stating "not on letterhead." I had my professor resubmit it the next day.

Last years thread did not note interviews until mid september.

This is not going to be fun waiting this long :mad:

If on the portal my "committee" is still vacant but they show two of my individual letters, is there a problem with my third letter...?

If on the portal my "committee" is still vacant but they show two of my individual letters, is there a problem with my third letter...?

There might be. It wouldn't hurt to call before they get busier

I used 3 individual and all three were listed and the committee section has a received date

I submitted last week though

There might be. It wouldn't hurt to call before they get busier

I used 3 individual and all three were listed and the committee section has a received date

I submitted last week though

Yeah I get the feeling that this is the reason -___-

Nope this is par for the course dealing with PCOM. Try emailing them. I'm still waiting for responses to my 3 emails even though they said they'd respond in 30 days. Their mindset is that they have so many applicants that if a few people cant' fulfill the requirements they might as well reject them rather than deal with exceptions.

Easily the worst admissions office of DO schools

This is so strange. I mean, if they're receiving that many apps they're still making it rain cash with the secondary fee. Who cares if the number of applicants is high; you're getting paid $75 to skim through an app and say yea/nay. It's not like they can't add a few more med students to the screeners.

Last edited:
Submitted my secondary an hour after it was sent out and it's still not marked

Secondary Received: 7/25.
Fee waiver received: 7/27
Secondary submitted: 8/3
Everything in the portal (minus secondary) currently shows complete.

!

Anyone submit their letters directly through interfolio and it's still not showing up as received? I sent my letters last friday July 29 so I'm not sure how long it takes them to process.

Anyone submit their letters directly through interfolio and it's still not showing up as received? I sent my letters last friday July 29 so I'm not sure how long it takes them to process.

Did you submit it as a "electronical submission" or "email submission"? I initially submitted it as a "electronic submission" but after emailing back and forth with pcom I realized I needed to specificy that interfolio send it to [email protected] rather than the "Philadelphia College of Osteopathic medicine LOR 2016-2017" entry that shows up automatically when searching which institution to submit to-- and that solved the problem.

Did you submit it as a "electronical submission" or "email submission"? I initially submitted it as a "electronic submission" but after emailing back and forth with pcom I realized I needed to specificy that interfolio send it to [email protected] rather than the "Philadelphia College of Osteopathic medicine LOR 2016-2017" entry that shows up automatically when searching which institution to submit to-- and that solved the problem.

I used email submission with [email protected]. Do you remember how long it took for them to mark your letters as received?

After I sent my email submission to [email protected] it took them about <1 hour to update my letter of rec--- but this may be due to the fact that I had just finished emailing them back and forth in the regular emailed used to ask questions

I used email submission with [email protected]. Do you remember how long it took for them to mark your letters as received?
My professor emailed them an updated letter early afternoon. By the time I got home from work around 7pm, the portal was updated.

I wonder if it has to do with not meeting requirements then. They're not technically "basic science" professors since they taught medical school classes from my SMP.

You might wanna ask them-- I have 5 letters(2 basic science, 1 non-science, 2MDs) and on the online summary it only showed the faculty letters not my physicians ones-- presumably since they aren't the required letters.

You might wanna ask them-- I have 5 letters(2 basic science, 1 non-science, 2MDs) and on the online summary it only showed the faculty letters not my physicians ones-- presumably since they aren't the required letters.

Yeah I already emailed them way earlier in the cycle and their response was "the admission committee will review them and decide if they are appropriate"

I figured if they don't meet requirements they would leave a note though, like some others have had when their letters weren't on letterhead etc.

Last edited:
A little confused here! I payed the fees for the PA and GA secondaries but can't seem to find where I actually submit the secondary application???

EDIT: I found the secondary lol... but will it be a problem that I paid the fee before submitting the secondary? That was really weird

OK everyone, nothing is automatic, they say it takes 15 business days. I think they are working quicker than that. also, if you don't pay the money they don't work on your application.
Mine took 3 days

Right, they tell you 15 but they are working quicker than that. But nothing is automatic it is all a process and waiting game.

I just realized you have to pay the fee first before they start updating your account... I would have been waiting forever for them to update my letters lol

Reactions: 1 users
For the folks who received FAP, have you guys noticed any changes? I sent them an email about my FAP about a week ago and I still haven't seen any changes on my portal. Would it be wise to resend the email?

For the folks who received FAP, have you guys noticed any changes? I sent them an email about my FAP about a week ago and I still haven't seen any changes on my portal. Would it be wise to resend the email?
Mine was processed in a few days, but the first email I sent them said it can take up to 15 days to process a fee waiver. I was told they continually check the AACOMAS FAP list and update names, so if you pass the 15 day mark, I would email or call (they're actually pretty quick with email if you can't get through to them on the phone in my experience.) They may have missed you accidentally, as they missed one of my letters accidentally.