phone call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

residency2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I know everybody is tensed up with the match..i got a phone call from a program director saying that they are impressed and gonna rank me high.. is this a good sign or is this the routine in this fellowship match? they only got 4 spots and ve their own anesthesia candidates as well and i only have 3 iv's.kinda nervous..any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Of course it is a good sign. A PD wouldn't take the time to call if they don't like you. But it in no way means you are going to match there. And does it really matter? It shouldn't. You should have ranked the programs you interviewed at in the order that you like them. Nothing matters until the match is over. So you can continue to be nervous like the rest of us.

Thank you..lets wait for the match day..good luck to everyone..

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! I just read my post above. I sounded like a total jerk. Sorry, I have been burned by the match in the past so I guess I hold a little grudge. And yes, good luck to all! I hope we all get what we want, or in my case what my wife wants.

sounds like a really positive sign! good luck!

Any one out there think applicants should be calling programs?

i def think it is a positive sign. why would the PD waste their time otherwise? I have not received any calls personally, but a couple emails and calls to members of our pain dept and my program director to encourage me to attend their program.

good luck to u all. hopefully we all match at our number 1. and maybe post our rank lists after 9pm eastern time tonight lol

i made my intentions known to my number 1 and other top ranked programs via email