Photograph in secondary app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpharmer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get my secondaries out now but I won't be able to get a good passport photo done for several days from now, and since I'm getting my secondaries out a bit late I really don't want to stall on this. Some of my secondaries say the passport photos are optional but appreciated; do you guys think I should submit these apps without the photos so that I can get them sent in sooner? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely send the pic. I remember an adcom on here saying that they will reject people straight up for not including the optional pic.

Absolutely send the pic. I remember an adcom on here saying that they will reject people straight up for not including the optional pic.
Ah, I'm glad I asked then. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is probably off-topic but could you guys tell me if this image would be OK? I took it about a year ago.

http://imgur.com/T3crlZV

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 162
My background was a door haha oh well I doubt it'll be a big deal.

I know this is probably off-topic but could you guys tell me if this image would be OK? I took it about a year ago.

http://imgur.com/T3crlZV

Lol it's fine. It doesn't matter what the background is as long as it's not a bar or Margaritaville or something. And yes, I've seen a picture someone sent in that was obviously cropped from a larger picture of a group of friends at a bar, most likely with drinks in hand.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your help, I know I am probably being a bit paranoid but I'm just making sure everything is in order!

That picture is really blurry. Why don't you just put on a suit, stand in front of a white wall and get one of those timer phone apps and take the picture yourself, I did that and it looks as good as my passport photo.

Go to rite aid and get them to do a passport photo. Takes 5min and it's cheap.

I wasn't wearing a suit in mine, I hope that's not too big of a problem. I thought it was just for recognition purposes so mine is a picture from when I was at a beach in the Bahamas a year ago (fully clothed, of course). I hope that didn't just shoot my chances in the foot haha.:eek:

I wasn't wearing a suit in mine, I hope that's not too big of a problem. I thought it was just for recognition purposes so mine is a picture from when I was at a beach in the Bahamas a year ago (fully clothed, of course). I hope that didn't just shoot my chances in the foot haha.:eek:

:smack:

Generally, you want to be dressed professionally in the picture that you send to schools. This picture is attached to your application file. It's not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind for the future.

Uh....is the beach visible in the background? I don't think you necessarily shot yourself in the foot, but it'd be best if you just send in a more professional picture to other schools.

NervousNerd, lol
OP, you can probably add the photograph later. I see in one of my apps, I sent it without a photo. I just attached it later and it's fine.

I had a dress shirt, no suit no tie. I hope that is sufficient.

now UCSD is the only school that will consider you seriously.

Uh....is the beach visible in the background? I don't think you necessarily shot yourself in the foot, but it'd be best if you just send in a more professional picture to other schools.
Not really, just the sky. It was the only picture I had that really showed my face. I guess we'll find out what happens next haha.