PhysAssist ScribeU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaddyD91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, can anyone who has complete PhysAssist ScribeU comment on how intense it is. Does it take every second of your day while you're there? Is it easy to "pass" the program while you're there? Can I study for finals or will I not have time?

Members don't see this ad.

They flew me out to there place. They have the pre examination tests that you should do 80% or better on. When your there they also have tests everyday, so just make sure to be on top of your game. Also they teach you how to chart, which is the biggest part.

If you score 80% avg + on both the charting exams and the vocab/tests exams you should be good. Its not a "easy pass", be on top of your game. Out of the 12 people who came, i think only 1 didn't make it. I had 2 exams literally the day after I came back from ScribeU, so when I get back to the hotel I would study for my exams and then would wake up around 2-3am and study for ScribeU until 7am when the bus came to pick us to go to ScribeU place.

PM if you want any ScribeU stuff they gave me when I was at ScribeU, I can send it to you if you like.

My schedule for those 5 days was something like:

2am-5am = study for exams(college)
5-6am = study for ScribeU
7am-7:30=shower get ready for ScribeU/breakfast
8am-5pm = Scribe U classes
5pm-6pm = eat/shower (chill at hotel room for a bit)
6pm-10pm=Study for college exams + ScribeU exams

Note: If you don't have exams , ScribeU is hella chill. Unfortunatly I didn't have that luxury since I was taking OchemII+genetics at the time. I got about 4-5 hours sleep/night on avg

EDIT: also do really well on learning to chart, b/c after you graduate you go to training. In training your basically tested to see how well you retained your charting abilities. I'd say a lot of new scribes don't handle training well , since the trainers can be a little harsh. However just keep at it. In the begging I could barely handle 20 pts/ day, now I'm with EM docs who see avg 30-40 pts a day.

Last edited:
I am a current PhysAssist scribe who completed ScribeU about a year ago. How intense you perceive the training is really determined by 1. How much you've studied the material in the days leading up and 2. How fast of a learner you are (learning how to use the Electronic Medical Record efficiently).

During the day, ScribeU will have you busy until 4-5PM usually. I would not plan on doing a lot of studying for finals. You need to average an 80% on all scored materials at ScribeU in order to pass. I'd suggest trying to do really well on all the exams to create a cushion for when your charts start getting graded.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. GOOD LUCK!

I am a current PhysAssist scribe who completed ScribeU about a year ago. How intense you perceive the training is really determined by 1. How much you've studied the material in the days leading up and 2. How fast of a learner you are (learning how to use the Electronic Medical Record efficiently).

During the day, ScribeU will have you busy until 4-5PM usually. I would not plan on doing a lot of studying for finals. You need to average an 80% on all scored materials at ScribeU in order to pass. I'd suggest trying to do really well on all the exams to create a cushion for when your charts start getting graded.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. GOOD LUCK!

Hey I was wondering if you thought that going through the scribing helped out your application for med school? I am going to be a reapplicant and the only thing really lacking in my application was the fact that I didn't have enough clinical experience. Thanks!