Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Physical therapist from overseas

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by rayhan619, 04.22.12.

1. rayhan619

rayhan619

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello,
    My wife is a physical therapist in Bangladesh. They don't have DPT over there. It is still a bachelor degree. She graduated in 2008, did one year internship and has been working in a hospital for like 2 years. I am US citizen and applied for her. She will be coming here soon. I am not sure how can she work in US as a PT. Does she need to get a DPT degree since she only has bachelor degree? Or can she get her credentials evaluated and apply for license and start working as a PT. I have tried to search in the forum and also in other websites for an answer, but haven't got anything yet. Thank you in advance for your response.
  2. Azimuthal

Azimuthal Ninja Zombie Slayer

Physical Therapy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Allow me to start by saying that I do not know much about this particular topic. From what I have read, it may be difficult if the program your wife graduated from was not CAPTE approved. However, maybe this link will help. http://www.fccpt.org/index.asp
  3. rayhan619

rayhan619

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Thank you for your response. I am going to look at the link. I was expecting response from physical therapist that moved in USA after graduating from overseas.
  4. kc90

kc90

Google physiobob forum... I think they have a section there about working overseas.
  5. ActionJaxsun25

ActionJaxsun25

DPT / OTD
    If someone received a masters in physiotherapy from one of the 3 CAPTE programs abroad, could they come back to the US and practice as a PT? Or would they have to earn a t-DPT first?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal