Physical Therapy School Interview Questions Asked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future PT 12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I am new here. I am a junior majoring in Exercise Science at my University planning to apply to a DPT school upon graduation.

Could anyone that has went to any interviews at DPT's schools list some questions they were asked? You don't have to answer them. I would just like to know what kind of questions are usually asked before deciding if you are a "strong" applicant for the school.

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Some questions I have been asked...

- What made your volunteer/observation experience special?
- What are your 3 strengths and weaknesses?
- What do you think is going to be the toughest part of PT school and why?
- If you saw a fellow therapist across the clinic performing some type of modality incorrectly, how would you approach the situation?
- What makes you a good fit for our program?
- What about physical therapy interests you?
- Tell me about 'Vision 2020' / Direct Access
- If you were to be a brand of cereal, what would it be and why?
- If you were to be a brand of car, what would it be and why?

These questions were asked by Emory and St Augustine

Reactions: 1 user
Wow I would never expect the last 2 questions about the cereal and the car! Thank you for listing some potential questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Surely those last two questions were dreamed up by interviewers wanting to have fun.

LOL, can't you just imagine some of the answers they must get.

Reactions: 1 user
funny thing is, the one about the car brand, i asked one of my friends/coworkers at my clinic some interview tips for st augustine. she graduated from st augustine couple years ago and she said they always ask 'off the wall' interview questions such as the car brand. she was asked the same one and it happened i got the same one so i was somewhat prepared :)

Hah, I didn't get asked any off the wall questions. I don't think there's any correct answer, but they do want to see your reasoning and support for your choice. A question that I received was "Have you ever experienced a conflict with a coworker or classmate and what did you do to correct the problem?"