Physician Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GannonStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a D on my Gross Anatomy Examination. The test primarily covered the thorax and Mediastinum I am currently a Physician Assistant Major and will be changing my major shortly. The Physician Assistant Major is an accelerated program at Gannon University where you receive your Bachelor's and Masters Degree in five years. The only option I have to change my major to is nursing. Although, the starting income for a PA is 85,000, but for an RN it is 45,000 dollars. I would like my starting income to be around 60,000-65,000 when I enter the workforce. Could I go to graduate school right away after school in a subspeciality of nursing? No offense I want to go into healthcare as a nurse at the bedside my entire life, it is a great profession, but I am a male who wants to start a family one day.I need to have a decent income to provide for my family My current GPA is a 3.3. In addition, I am also considering Administration. Should I transfer, what typing of nursing jobs or programs could guarantee that I am making like 60K by the time I am 24? Everyone in my family is educated, I do not want to be frowned upon as not being professional. Nursing is my only option to excel now in a field of healthcare I like. What grad programs take BSN majors right away. Please tell me I need help!

Members don't see this ad.

I just received a D on my Gross Anatomy Examination. The test primarily covered the thorax and Mediastinum I am currently a Physician Assistant Major and will be changing my major shortly. The Physician Assistant Major is an accelerated program at Gannon University where you receive your Bachelor's and Masters Degree in five years. The only option I have to change my major to is nursing. Although, the starting income for a PA is 85,000, but for an RN it is 45,000 dollars. I would like my starting income to be around 60,000-65,000 when I enter the workforce. Could I go to graduate school right away after school in a subspeciality of nursing? No offense I want to go into healthcare as a nurse at the bedside my entire life, it is a great profession, but I am a male who wants to start a family one day.I need to have a decent income to provide for my family My current GPA is a 3.3. In addition, I am also considering Administration. Should I transfer, what typing of nursing jobs or programs could guarantee that I am making like 60K by the time I am 24? Everyone in my family is educated, I do not want to be frowned upon as not being professional. Nursing is my only option to excel now in a field of healthcare I like. What grad programs take BSN majors right away. Please tell me I need help!

You'll get more response if you ask your question here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Not sure if any physician assistant program will be label as "an accelerated program" Wording are typical for RN/NP program.

Admission requirement varies per Nursing program, I'll recommend that you contact/speak directly with the nursing program at your school.

You shouldn't focus on income at this time. If you become a nurse, with overtime; you'll do just fine.

Take one step at a time. You're all over the place with your decision.

Last edited: