Physics Equations

pippistrellodaq

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I was wondering if any of you who have taken (or are still preparing to take) the OAT have a list of physics equations to memorize. I have a Kaplin book, but don't want to spend the effort determining what is and what isn't important. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

pippistrellodaq said:
Hey there, I was wondering if any of you who have taken (or are still preparing to take) the OAT have a list of physics equations to memorize. I have a Kaplin book, but don't want to spend the effort determining what is and what isn't important. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

I took the OAT the beginning of this month. Whenever I took the practice test of the physics section, I did horribly because of how detailed it was. The actual test isn't too bad. Memorize the kinematics equations like the back of your hand. Definitely know momentum with the elastic and inelastic equations, know your optics with the magnification equation, theres a good amount of friction questions, and I think there were also questions with springs and pendulums. To be on the safe side, know Newton's laws just in case they ask anything about them. (I don't remember if there were questions about them other than the basic F = m*a).

That's all I remember for now. Hope that helps.

i just remembered...there were a few questions on vector addition and unit conversions...and know your right triangles with when you have to use sin vs. cos.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan provides a sheet of physics equations. If you are registered in the course, you should ask them to give it to you. It contains all the questions you should know from each chapter. And if you are not registered, I could send it to you as a PDF via email if you are interested.

[edit] for anybody that is interested in the equation sheet, please private message me your email address, as I am not notified as to who has replied to my thread posts and I probably will miss your mass reply.

pippistrellodaq said:

IMDORK said:
Kaplan provides a sheet of physics equations. If you are registered in the course, you should ask them to give it to you. It contains all the questions you should know from each chapter. And if you are not registered, I could send it to you as a PDF via email if you are interested.

Hi, will you please email me the formula sheet. Thanks!!!! [email protected].

IMDORK said:

I am very interested in this equation sheet as well. If you don't mind, my email is [email protected]
Thanks

[edit part 2] moved this up to the other post...i am in fact sending out the file and i dont want to leave anybody hanging (i know how annoying that can be) SOooo once again...for anybody that is interested in the equation sheet, please private message me your email address.

IMDORK said:

I will be very thankful if you could email me the physics equation sheet. My email is [email protected]. Thanks again.

IMDORK said:

Hi there! Will you please send me the physics sheet also. Thanks in advance!!
e-mail: [email protected]