Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamburger90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all....

Again... very grateful for all your responses and tips. I have a concern that maybe some of you can clarify or indeed help me with. I am a junior in college and i am working on a Chemistry BA. My main questions is regarding physics. Here is the deal:
For a BA am not required to take the Calculus based physics. I have already completed my firs physics and i did it CALCULUS BASED.... Now most of the dental applicants do the non cal based sequence and i would like to ask do you guys think doing the Cal Based sequence would be an advantage? i mean it is out of the curve... a difference from what most of the applicants do.
Fall is approaching and i am going to do physics 2, but i dont know which one to take :idea:. I dont worry about the difficulty of the course but it is obvious that the calc base will be a little more time taking, therefore if it will not be to an advantage for me and a benefit for my application, then i will take the non calc based one, since i am planning on doing a very tough semester.
What do most of you recommend? One thing i did not want to show is that i was intimidated by the calc bas physics, and therefore i took phy 1 cal based and got an A on it... Should i do phys2 cal based too... or go with what it would be less time taking? (increasing my chances of doing better in other classes )

Thank you very much and please say what ever is to your knowledge regarding this topic!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools will not be looking at what physics you take, and it will be no advantage to take the Calc. based. Take the class you feel you can do well in and I don't think it matters that you took calc based for the first and not the second class.