Physiology equations in step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeedToStudy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
One thing that drives me crazy about Physiology is memorizing the equations. How many of these types of questions are on step 1? The kind where you have to use these equations?

Members don't see this ad.

One thing that drives me crazy about Physiology is memorizing the equations. How many of these types of questions are on step 1? The kind where you have to use these equations?
You shouldn't have to be "memorizing" equations. The equations describe the concepts beautifully. If you know and understand the concept, you know and understand the equation. If you're trying to simply memorize the equations without really understanding why the variables fit there and how to move them around, I think you'll have a far tougher time trying to answer physio questions. The physio questions on my exam were incredibly hard and required a considerable amount of reasoning to solve.

Reactions: 1 user
I had some pharm equation questions (loading / maintenance dose) and some lung equation questions. Maybe 5 total in the whole exam.

If there were some incredibly hard physio questions that required a lot of reasoning to solve, they went completely over my head. But that happens a lot to me.