PI Letter won't come until August ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronnicus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
He says he needs more time and will only be able to give me the letter in late August. What should I do in this situation? I've only added 1 school (UCSF-total reach) to get verified. Should I delay adding more schools until August, so I can submit my secondaries and letter at the same time and be complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you not have another letter writer? You can just send in his as an update in August.

Do you not have another letter writer? You can just send in his as an update in August.
I do but I am worried that it will be a red flag to adcoms that I do not have a PI letter when they review my application. I also listed research is one of my most meaningful activities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you beg him to hurry up his time line? Being complete in August (early august) is not the worst thing in the world, it is about average I would say, but the earlier the better.

Most schools wont review your application until complete with Primary, Secondary, MCAT and LOR. AMCAS guidelines for application timeline assumes LORs wont arrive until September, after the beginning of new term
That's a bad thing right...because if I wait for his letter I will be competing for fewer spots come September.