PIC paperwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what percent of PIC paperwork should be done by the staff pharmacist? My PIC wants me to stay after hour and do the paperwork. just wondering!

Members don't see this ad.

as staff I do the bare minimum. If they want to pay me extra for doing PIC work then I might do more. If you are going to stay an hour after to do so, then you need to get paid for it!

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to with "PIC paperwork" but the name of it implies that it should be the PIC doing it. Now if it's something for the annual inventory and they need a little extra help, I'd probably pitch in and not make waves. But if it's a regular weekly task that corporate wants them to do, that is not your job to be doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
As staff you should be doing what you can to help make the PIC's life easier. I don't stay after or work extra hours, but I do almost any task I can because my PIC works hard just like everyone else in the pharmacy.

If the PIC is delegating her/his job to you, then (s)he should be giving you time during your regularly scheduled shift to do it, you should not be expected to do the PIC's job as unpaid overtime (although I guess if you were gunning for the PIC's job, you might)