Picking a 4 Year Plan

justindaman1141

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can you guys just pick which plan you'd prefer and why? Thanks! :) Also, if you'd rate the difficulty of each schedule, 1-10.

Plan A:
Honors English 1,2/ AP Language/ AP Literature
Honors Algebra 2/ Honors Pre-Calc/ AP Calc AB/ AP Calc BC
Honors Biology/ Honors Chemistry/ AP Chemistry/ AP Physics 1
Honors Latin 1,2,3/ AP Latin
Introduction to Business (to learn a little)/ Honors USH1/ AP USH/ Honors World Cultures
PE/Health 1,2,3,4
Choir 1,2,3,4
Orchestra 1, AP Biology, AP Economics, Honors Genetics

Plan B:
English 1/ English 2 Accelerated/ IB English HL
Accelerated Algebra 2/ IB Math HL/ Community College
Biology/ IB Chemistry HL/ AP Physics or IB Biology HL
Mandarin 2,3/ IB Mandarin SL
PE/ Health/ TOK
Required Elective/ IB Physics or IB Biology HL/ IB Philosophy
Choir 1,2,3,4
US History Ethnic Studies/ Gov. and Econ./ IB History HL

Plan C:
English 1/ Honors English 2/ AP Lang./AP Lit.
Advanced Algebra 2/ Pre Calculus/ AP Calc AB/ AP Calc BC
Biology/ Chemistry/ AP Biology/ AP Physics C
Modern USH/ AP USH/ AP Economics/ AP Comp. Gov and US Gov and Political Science (2 in 1)
PE/ Health/ Advanced Choir 1,2
Spanish 1,2,3,4
Choir 1,2,3,4
Required Elective/ Orchestra/ Physics/ AP Chemistry

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Trust me when I say this, 4 year plans for high school aren't really useful. By the time you're done with one year, your goals will have probably changed and your ideas about the class you want to take will most definitely be changed. I had mine where I wanted to take AP European history during my sophomore year but by the time I was done with freshman year and all the stuff I had heard about it, I had just wanted to take the regular CP course so I could focus on other stuff. So it's great that you're planning stuff out but some of it won't stick.

Reactions: 1 user
@hippo_crates
Thanks for the advice. I totally understand that things may change, but I really like having a plan in mind in case everything does go to plan, which is highly unlikely- I'm aware- but it's better than going into something blindly, IMO. I feel more secure when I have a plan in mind, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trust me when I say this, 4 year plans for high school aren't really useful. By the time you're done with one year, your goals will have probably changed and your ideas about the class you want to take will most definitely be changed. I had mine where I wanted to take AP European history during my sophomore year but by the time I was done with freshman year and all the stuff I had heard about it, I had just wanted to take the regular CP course so I could focus on other stuff. So it's great that you're planning stuff out but some of it won't stick.

This

You don't need to make a plan like this. You can have an idea, but don't make a written plan. Your interests will probably change, and you don't know how well you will do in your classes.

Yeah, but have goals. Like what you might ultimately want to do by senior year. But not too detailed.

Reactions: 1 user
I really loved Latin in high school. But I also took Spanish. Probably a good idea to take a language people still speak in a country you want to go to. It is really cool your school offers Mandarin.

I really loved Latin in high school. But I also took Spanish. Probably a good idea to take a language people still speak in a country you want to go to. It is really cool your school offers Mandarin.

Ooh cool. True. My current high school doesn't offer it, but I may be moving to a school that does offer it.

Btw, do you think Latin would help with self learning Spanish? Or French? Or both? lol thanks

Ooh cool. True. My current high school doesn't offer it, but I may be moving to a school that does offer it.

Btw, do you think Latin would help with self learning Spanish? Or French? Or both? lol thanks

Latin is just an amazing language. It is interesting to study Latin literature, more for aesthetic and philosophical value than anything else. But you could also read these poets and historians in English if you wanted to. Latin is related and helpful to the other romance languages, but it is more difficult on its own to learn just to help with other languages. I loved Latin, but that does not mean I necessarily advise the study of it. With languages as time goes on if you do not continue to speak you will lose proficiency. For that reason I would recommend study of language you will have opportunity to speak such as Spanish, French, and/or Mandarin. If you can do more than one, even better. Spanish and French are similar in the same way you suggest Latin would be, so if you want to learn two this might be your best bet.