Pikeville College SOM- 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!

Members don't see this ad.

Just found out that my interviewers are Dr. Harris and Dr. Scales. Has anyone interviewed with them before?

I just got an email today saying that my file was complete... which is weird because I finished my secondary on Nov. 30th and hadn't heard anything since. I did send them an updated transcript, but I wasn't on hold for my fall grades (that I know of). I just hope they have time to review my application and maybe extend an interview (if I'm lucky) before the spots are full.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is weird. I would try calling and trying to find out why your application just became complete. My application was completed on January 24th and I received an interview invite by February 2nd. There's still hope.

I bet there are still quite a few spots open with the increased class size. If you don't hear anything in a week or two, I would call and check in with them just to let them know you're still interested.

Hmmm...with an increase in class size I am hoping for an interview. Does anyone know how late this school interviews? I am complete, but I guess I don't stand out as much as the other folks who applied. Thanks!!

When did you become complete?
I became complete on November 7th. I have called once or twice and they tell me that my file is complete and I am under review. My extracurricular work is phenomenal, and my GPA and MCAT are right where they need to be. I guess I am just a little confused.

huh. that's odd. Where are you from? Did you show any interest or link to rural medicine in your application or essays?

huh. that's odd. Where are you from? Did you show any interest or link to rural medicine in your application or essays?
Residency could be the kicker. I am from Idaho. I mentioned rural medicine quite a bit in my essays. I am actually doing an internship with the university's institute of rural health. I have updated my application, so I assume that they have all of my information. Do you think a letter would help?

I mean they take a lot of OOS people so I don't know why they haven't at least called you for an interview. A letter could never hurt, just to let them know that you're still interested.

just noticed the thread name is wrong

Just found out that my interviewers for the this Friday 17th are Dr. Stiles and Dr. Gaska.

Anyone ever previously interviewed with them or met them? Like how intimidating? Thanks, I'm a nervous wreck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be too nervous. It's really not as bad as you're probably imagining it. I was really nervous too, but the interview ended up being really laid back, and most people told me that I had some of the roughest interviewers. You'll do fine.

Hi again..I will be interviewing with Dr. Lushia and Dr. Oteham on Saturday. If anyone can provide any information it would be much appreciated. I would suggest a PM, as I wish to respect their privacy as well. Thanks in advance.

I will be interviewing with Dr. Harris and Dr. Scales on Saturday. If anyone has interviewed with them before or could provide any background about them please PM me.

I will be interview on Sat. Was wondering if anyone can give me some tips as to what questions to ask my interviewers? Also are there questions I shouldn't ask?

some advice:

1. be honest and truthful about why you want to go there and why you want to be a DO
2. have interest in rural osteopathic primary care medicine and show them how you fit with their mission

if your mcat is around 24 and gpa is 3.3 and above, your academics should be fine

good luck!

some advice:

1. be honest and truthful about why you want to go there and why you want to be a DO
2. have interest in rural osteopathic primary care medicine and show them how you fit with their mission

if your mcat is around 24 and gpa is 3.3 and above, your academics should be fine

good luck!
Thanks!

Just got into Pikeville. The Hampton is much nicer than I had expected. I'm definitely excited for tomorrow.

The only bad part is that only the first floor has wireless but I can look past that... ya trying to focus on what points you want to bring up. clarity is a necessity for tonight and tomorrow

They have increased the class size you could ask them if there are any plans to increase the Faculty size, How they evaluate their students( multiple choice exams, assays questions, oral exams etc) . Any possible changes to the curriculum

Last edited:
please can you share you experience and advice some of us who are still waiting and hopeful

Do any of you that have been accepted have an MCAT subscore lower than 6? (Yes, I know anything lower than a 6 is really bad). I was told earlier this year that they don't accept anyone with a sub-6 subscore, but I haven't been rejected yet- mine is a 5, but my other two subscores are above a 6. Just wondering.

Do those that interviewed last weekend:

How many seats are left?
My interviewers did not tell me, but I heard from others that 115 had put in their deposits. I suppose this assumes that all will be attending, which I find somewhat hard to believe. Either way, I have my fingers crossed for a call tomorrow!!!

@ NJMedStudent83

Do you remember if they start making calls tomorrow or on Wednesday?

I forgot today was a holiday because my school still had classes. Hopefully Dean Buser is still in the states. I wonder if anyone from Friday's interview received calls today?

I forgot today was a holiday because my school still had classes. Hopefully Dean Buser is still in the states. I wonder if anyone from Friday's interview received calls today?

I almost forgot as well too, since my school had classes as well. I hope Dean Buser wakes me up early tomorrow with an acceptance. Sure would make my day!

I interviewed on a Friday and got the call on the next Tuesday at around 8:45 AM. A first year posted on the FB page and said that 111 had paid deposits as of 2/18. They're accepting 135. I believe some people that might have paid already have been accepted into other programs since though, so I'm not sure if that number includes people that have changed their minds.

I interviewed on a Friday and got the call on the next Tuesday at around 8:45 AM. A first year posted on the FB page and said that 111 had paid deposits as of 2/18. They're accepting 135. I believe some people that might have paid already have been accepted into other programs since though, so I'm not sure if that number includes people that have changed their minds.
Thanks so much for this info, although I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight given this anticipation. Do you have any idea as to how many more acceptances they will offer?

I'm not really sure about that one. I don't know how they know how many people are actually going to end up going there. I know a doctor in my town was supposed to go to KYCOM but was accepted to UofL like a week or two before classes started and he went to Louisville. I don't know if they wait list people or what?

I'm not really sure about that one. I don't know how they know how many people are actually going to end up going there. I know a doctor in my town was supposed to go to KYCOM but was accepted to UofL like a week or two before classes started and he went to Louisville. I don't know if they wait list people or what?
Alright, thank you. I would think they would account for some people choosing other schools. I guess I just have to hope I get that call from 606.

So, I have emailed and called Ronnie several times and he never gets back to me. I have left messages with others and they tell me that Ronnie is the one to talk to. Does anyone have a clue what I should do? I personally think it is hogwash that I place an application to a school and they do not respond back to an applicants inquiries. Any advice/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

So, I have emailed and called Ronnie several times and he never gets back to me. I have left messages with others and they tell me that Ronnie is the one to talk to. Does anyone have a clue what I should do? I personally think it is hogwash that I place an application to a school and they do not respond back to an applicants inquiries. Any advice/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
They tend to keep very busy. I would say call before 10:30 am. I have had success calling then.

Hey guys, so I sent my secondary in on Friday and received an email today saying that my application had been downloaded by the admissions staff. Does this mean I am currently under review? I'm guessing if this is the case it's because they're trying to review applications quickly in hopes of sending out interviews for March 8th and 9th. Anybody else get the same message? Thanks! :)

So, I'm getting the shakes waiting on this phone call I've been anticipating to get. My interview ws last Friday and it went really well, if I don't get a call from them this week they sure fooled me!

I am assuming that the committee met up yesturday, but we did get like 8 inches of snow here, plus it was Washington's birthday! :p I'll let you all know if I get the call or not....sittin by this phone is nerve wrecking!! :)

So, I'm getting the shakes waiting on this phone call I've been anticipating to get. My interview ws last Friday and it went really well, if I don't get a call from them this week they sure fooled me!

I am assuming that the committee met up yesturday, but we did get like 8 inches of snow here, plus it was Washington's birthday! :p I'll let you all know if I get the call or not....sittin by this phone is nerve wrecking!! :)
I am in the same situation as you. I interviewed Saturday and I think it went really well. Not that I'm going to read too much in to in, but I got the pat on the back. It looked as though UPike was open yesterday, even with the holiday. I'm hoping soon!

I hope you both hear back soon! What kind of stats do you have?!

Be sure to keep us up to date!

What's your source on the 3/8 3/9 dates for March? I thought the March dates were not yet confirmed.

Hey guys, so I sent my secondary in on Friday and received an email today saying that my application had been downloaded by the admissions staff. Does this mean I am currently under review? I'm guessing if this is the case it's because they're trying to review applications quickly in hopes of sending out interviews for March 8th and 9th. Anybody else get the same message? Thanks! :)