Pink Tooth of Mummery in Denture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THS

Articulating Disc Jockey
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought some of you might find this interesting.

So we (D2s) just got our first set of dentures back from processing. After 4+ hours a week for 14 weeks, we get to see what all of our hard work has become.

Here's what my maxillary wax-up looked like after setting teeth 2 weeks ago:

Not bad, I thought. I'll have to do some reducing on the buccal of the posteriors, but not too bad. I didn't take any pictures of the mandibular, but they looked alright as well. Let's send them off to the lab.

Fast forward to today. I open the bag from the lab and see this:

Apparently my second molar went missing during processing. So the impression of the molar in the plaster was filled with acrylic. Cool.

Upon further inspection, I found the missing second molar:

Yup. It's impacted in the premolar area. Pretty cool. Luckily my patient is just an edentulous cast and can't complain about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ha-ha. That's pretty funny.
And no offense but I see a lot of mistakes on your dentures. Very solid effort though. You will improve. Good luck.

So what happens, at least when I was in dental school, is all the dentures are put into bags and thrown into a box. Other dentures crushing the other ones, some get mixed up. Had a classmate get his dentures back with two maxillary arches. Keep on plugging a long, you'll graduate and look back laughing at this.