Program-Specific Info / Q's Pitt MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ems07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been placed on the waitlist for the MOT program at Pitt? Any idea if acceptance from the waitlist happens often?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been placed on the waitlist at Pitt, but I still haven't heard anything.

I've been placed on the waitlist at Pitt, but I still haven't heard anything.
Yeah same. I was told that they should let everyone know by mid April, but I feel like they wont be pulling many people from their waitlist since they fill many of their spots with their undergrad OT students (I have heard)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the waitlist as well, and they also told me it would probably be late-March/mid-April. Has anyone here gotten off the waitlist yet? Is anyone not planning on accepting their place in the class?

I wonder how many people are even on the waitlist. The woman I talked to said that they prioritize the list so they cant tell anyone their spot number since it changes as people are added and taken off. From what I heard its not very common to be accepted off the waitlist. Has anyone else heard anything different?

Where did you hear about how common it is? I haven't heard either way.

Has anyone heard anything new? Whenever I contact the program the response is very vague. I'm losing hope

Has anyone heard anything new? Whenever I contact the program the response is very vague. I'm losing hope
I was waitlisted and I got an email today saying:

"At this time we do not have a “seat” available in the MOT Class of 2017. However, if there are changes in the currently "seated" class of students we could and will notify students on the wait list up until classes begin (June 1, 2015). "

Reactions: 1 user