Pitt Pharmacy Transfer Applicant Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharmpsu2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying to the School of Pharmacy at the University of Pittsburgh for Fall 2012 as a transfer student? I'm interested in hearing everyone's progress.

Please post your stats and/or any contact you've had with the school!

Members don't see this ad.

I finished the PharmCAS application and Pitt supplemental in August, but all I have gotten so far is a confirmation that they've received my materials back in late August.

I finished the PharmCAS application and Pitt supplemental in August, but all I have gotten so far is a confirmation that they've received my materials back in late August.

Yeah, me too. I got a short email saying that they had everything but that I wouldn't hear from them until after January 8th.

Where are you from? I'm from PA so it seemed reasonable to apply to Pitt, but I've heard that they don't take transfer applicants seriously and very few get in. Have you heard anything else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, me too. I got a short email saying that they had everything but that I wouldn't hear from them until after January 8th.

Where are you from? I'm from PA so it seemed reasonable to apply to Pitt, but I've heard that they don't take transfer applicants seriously and very few get in. Have you heard anything else?

I'm from California, but I skipped out on taking physiology at the advice of a pharmacist I knew. There were not a lot of west coast schools to choose from that didn't require physiology, so Pitt was one of the ones I chose.

Hearing about their attitude towards transfer applicants doesn't surprise me. It reminds me of a typical corporation only wanting to hire people on the inside.

Yeah the one and only email said the same thing about interviews being after January 8th. That's actually a relief for me since I've been getting interview invites trickling in week by week scheduled throughout the remainder of this year.

I'm from California, but I skipped out on taking physiology at the advice of a pharmacist I knew. There were not a lot of west coast schools to choose from that didn't require physiology, so Pitt was one of the ones I chose.

Hearing about their attitude towards transfer applicants doesn't surprise me. It reminds me of a typical corporation only wanting to hire people on the inside.

Yeah the one and only email said the same thing about interviews being after January 8th. That's actually a relief for me since I've been getting interview invites trickling in week by week scheduled throughout the remainder of this year.

Same, I'm kind of relieved because I want to focus on getting into my top choice school. But I'll be frustrated if I wasted $210 applying to a school that won't even give me a fair consideration. Oh well, that's the chance we take I guess!

Finally got an interview. Will be turning it down since I have already been accepted to my top choice school.