Pitts Student Panel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalABC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I will go to Pitts for an interview. I am wondering how the Student Panel works there and How can I be prepared for Student Panel Interview. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

DentalABC said:
HI,
I will go to Pitts for an interview. I am wondering how the Student Panel works there and How can I be prepared for Student Panel Interview. Thank you.

The student panel is really a group of Pitt students that answer any questions that YOU have. You're not the one being interviewed. :)

The student panel isn't an interview. It's just everyone being interviewed (~75 students) in an auditorium with a panel of about 6 current students. It's your opportunity to ask questions to the students that you wouldn't necessarily ask an admissions committee (night life, competitiveness, etc.). There is no one from the admissions committee in the room, so you are not judged in any way during the student panel. I actually liked this part of the interview; you can learn a lot from those students on whether or not pitt is a good fit for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to Pitt Univ for an interview as well. I'd really appreciate any advice. What did you think of the school, and what was the interview process like? Thanks. btw where did you stay?

PickMe said:
The student panel isn't an interview. It's just everyone being interviewed (~75 students) in an auditorium with a panel of about 6 current students. It's your opportunity to ask questions to the students that you wouldn't necessarily ask an admissions committee (night life, competitiveness, etc.). There is no one from the admissions committee in the room, so you are not judged in any way during the student panel. I actually liked this part of the interview; you can learn a lot from those students on whether or not pitt is a good fit for you.

DentalABC said:
HI,

When are you going? i'm going there as well!

I had an interview with Mr. Close 1/9/06. he was the one of the best guys. if you have this guy, no need to worry about.

he asked me just general questions. why pitt ? why dentist ? what hobby ?

I was told that the other students also had nice interviewers.

so Do not worry about Pitt.

the interviews vary greatly because of the amount of students there. there were somewhere bt 70-80 students being interviewed and 2 interview times (12 and 1230 i think) so there are 35-40 interviewers. they all range in level of difficulty. ive heard some had really easy interviews, mine was ok, but theres one kid who had a horrible interviewer. i think his review is on the interview feedback page so definitely check that out. the reading sample is really dumb and i was starving by the end of the day, but the school and the people are really nice.

Mysteree said:
When are you going? i'm going there as well!
I will be there on Feb. 19, and leave on Feb. 20 in the evening by flight. How about you?

DentalABC said:
I will be there on Feb. 19, and leave on Feb. 20 in the evening by flight. How about you?

I'll be there on Feb 19th, leaving Feb 21 in the afternoon, I'm flying as well. Where will you be staying? btw I PM'd you as well.