Placing orders in CCS, then?............

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knicks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say a woman of reproductive age comes to the office with complaints of pelvic discomfort and ammenorrhea.

And we order B-hCG levels, CBC, Urinalysis, pelvic ultrasound, etc.......

My question is: before advancing the clock, do we place these orders as STAT and keep the patient in the office, or order them as Routine and send the patient home and have them return to the office? What's the approach?

I'm asking because CCS wants you to be time-efficient, right?

When to STAT and when to ROUTINE?

Thanks

EDIT: ALSO, after placing orders, how long later to call the patient back to office? 1 week? 2 weeks? etc.. Again, since they grade you on time-efficiency (if I'm not mistaken).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I haven't taken the exam yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

My impression is that you should order things stat if you are worried. For instance, if you think that patient has a ruptured ectopic, you can keep her in the office until you get the pregnancy test back, then do the ultrasound, and send her to the ER if things don't look so good, but if you think she has a normal pregnancy, then you can order the tests routine and call her back when the results are in for prenatal care.