Planning a wedding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erek94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current 4th year. Planning on matching into EM. Looking for a 2017 date. I know this is entirely program dependent, but is there a general month that is easier to get a wedding done during residency? Either spring time during Intern year or fall 2017 at the startish time of second year is what im thinking.

Members don't see this ad.

Current 4th year. Planning on matching into EM. Looking for a 2017 date. I know this is entirely program dependent, but is there a general month that is easier to get a wedding done during residency? Either spring time during Intern year or fall 2017 at the startish time of second year is what im thinking.

You'll have a way better chance of optimizing things if you pick 2nd year as you'll have a little seniority and the inside scoop. That said, if you picked intern year most humane places will work with you within reason as long as you let them know way in advance and it's your only main request for the year.

Every program has vacation time every year. Just plan to take vacation whenever you want to have your wedding, and boom, problem solved.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting married in December of intern year. I just emailed my program in April and the scheduled me on a lighter rotation that month so I could feasibly take a vacation week. They've been really good about working with me.

The weeks of ACEP, SAEM and CORD conferences are probably good ones to avoid.

Hard to give specific advice without knowing what rotations you have. For instance I have an eye/ENT month which is super cush and has vacation built into it. Definitely do it in a month where you have a week of vacation...