Plans on retaking in January...ADVICE PLEASE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wrote on August 27 but I feel incredibly terrible about it...mostly because the verbal section (blindly guessed on at least 3 whole passages). I was consistently scoring 26-29 (AAMC and GS tests) with one 23 on AAMC 9 (8/6/9). My verbal scores ranged from 6-9, but I notice that my overall reading comprehension skills are lacking..which possibly let me to getting a 1 or a 2 on test day last week lol. I also feel like I was still struggling somewhat on the whole "application of knowledge" at times.

I really want a 30+, and I know I am more than capable of it...and I feel like this is very doable in a 4.5 or 5 month period. I've decided that I'm probably going to retake in the end of january, giving me nearly 5 months to get a ton better at reading/critically analyzing. The majority of my studying the first time was spent on learning the content...plus I got married so that took up a ton of time and mental energy.

I was planning on doing SN2'eds 4 month schedule, but since I already have the majority of the content knowledge down, I was going to just scan over that BR chapter and then do nothing but discretes the first hour or two, and the corresponding passages on that chapter the final hour.

For verbal, I got a subscription to Economist and I was going to read for an hour when I wake up and an hour before I go to bed, and during the afternoon do 3 timed verbal passages a day.

Basically, for 4 1/2 months I would just be doing SN2'eds schedule for about 3-4 hours a day.

So Overall I want to increase my science scores from 8-10 on average to consistent 11's--13's)...and I want to increase my verbal from 6-8's to consistent 10's-12's.

Any comments or advice would come greatly appreciated!! I

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a good plan and your target score does not seem to be unrealistic. You're saying you plan on retaking but I didn't see your initial score. Anyway, SN2ed's schedule is one of the best around so you can't go wrong with it. Make sure you take all AAMC full-length tests and exhaust EK, TBR and/or TPR as materials. Practice makes perfect. You seem very self-motivated so good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I think you have a good plan and your target score does not seem to be unrealistic. You're saying you plan on retaking but I didn't see your initial score. Anyway, SN2ed's schedule is one of the best around so you can't go wrong with it. Make sure you take all AAMC full-length tests and exhaust EK, TBR and/or TPR as materials. Practice makes perfect. You seem very self-motivated so good luck!

Thanks!! I also forgot to mention in the post that this semester I am taking Genetics and Animal Physiology...basically every single bio topic on the MCAT will be covered extremely in depth by both my courses this semester, you think I should I still follow Sn2'eds schedule on Bio days? I was thinking on Bio days to do nothing but TBR and TPRSW passages (5-7 each bio day). Hopefully these classes will really boost my BS score.