Plaza Medical Center (Ft. Worth) ER Rotation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Booter008

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any 3rd or 4th yrs done any ER rotations at the above hospital? I need to know specifics about the shifts.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I did a rotation there earlier this year. You are assigned 16 12 hr shifts. They are usually 7a-7p or 9a-9p. When I was on there was one other med student (from LECOM-B actually) and one family medicine resident. Due to newly implemented rules we were not allowed to chart in there electronic charting system so we ended up working on the paper T sheets and then presenting to the attending. You were usually on with one attending that came in the morning and then another that came in around 6p. Some attendings had a scribe that followed them around and took all of their notes for them. I had just come from JPS (also in ft worth) so I was a little biased. You definitely don't see as much cool stuff ie trauma. It's mostly the older insured, chest pain, stroke, COPD, pain meds crowd. Also at JPS I only worked 14 8 hr shifts which all went by super fast cause we were so busy and I got to get really good at closing wounds. That being said its not a bad rotation but if you can, go to JPS. Plus if you are thinking about ER, JPS has a residency program.