Please Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krunal Patel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone...
I have done my Bachelor of Dental Surgery in 2012 with internship from India. I want to do DDS but for that i have to take admission in MHA or MPH for student visa. I want to live in New Jersey or New York so please suggest me the universities which is accredited and provide good career service so that even if i dont get admission in DDS, i can get good job in future.
My GRE score is 294. Quant-150 and Verbal-144 and Analytical Writing-3. My TOEFL score is 81 (Speaking-22, Writing-23, Reading-19, Listening-17) and My GPA is 3.35/4.
Please advice me the universities for MHA.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone...
I have done my Bachelor of Dental Surgery in 2012 with internship from India. I want to do DDS but for that i have to take admission in MHA or MPH for student visa. I want to live in New Jersey or New York so please suggest me the universities which is accredited and provide good career service so that even if i dont get admission in DDS, i can get good job in future.
My GRE score is 294. Quant-150 and Verbal-144 and Analytical Writing-3. My TOEFL score is 81 (Speaking-22, Writing-23, Reading-19, Listening-17) and My GPA is 3.35/4.
Please advice me the universities for MHA.
Columbia University is a well known university. You can look into their MHA program. NYU also has a good public health program. Both of those are in NYC and are pretty reputable universities.

Columbia University is a well known university. You can look into their MHA program. NYU also has a good public health program. Both of those are in NYC and are pretty reputable universities.
My score doesnot match their requirements but I have shortlisted some universities like Seton Hall, Rutgers and Fairleigh Dickinson University from New Jersey. Are they good Universities for MHA or MS?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Better jobs might be had if you work as a dental assistant or dental hygienist. Not sure about NY or NJ, but some states allow foreign trained dentists to become dental hygienists (after taking the appropriate exams, of course). That'll probably make you more competitive to dental schools through their international-trained dentists programs. Plus, starting salaries might be a little more doing dental hygiene than public health.

My score doesnot match their requirements but I have shortlisted some universities like Seton Hall, Rutgers and Fairleigh Dickinson University from New Jersey. Are they good Universities for MHA or MS?

Once you fall out of the top 10, I would personally not focus about the "quality" of the program and would, instead, look entirely at cost. In other words, my main concern would be where could I go where it will be the least expensive? If anything, you might want to see if you can get into a CAHME accredited institution, but I went to an unaccredited, low-ranked, state program which offered both a bachelors and a masters in health administration, and we still had alumnus in the C-Suite of various hospitals, government agencies, and other respectable organizations. I really believe in the old adage that "cream rises." It's also worth noting, however, that no MHA is really going to get you a good job without work experience in administration.