Please advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pete6277

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
first of id like to thank in advance to everyone who could guide me through this question. I took my dat today and here are my scores:
PAT: 20
Reading comprehension: 22
Bio: 20
gen chem: 22
Organic chem: 30
Total science: 22
Academic average: 22
Ovarall GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.89
I have over 550 hours of dental shadowing, over 300 hours of hospital volunteering and some other Extracurriculars. My only concern is that i got a 16 on quantative reasoning. Is that going to affect my chances a lot? I know im not going to retake because all other scores are good. Is it going to be a big deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school you are applying. i know many schools require 17 or higher on any sections. No negotiation on this under common circumstance.
But there are also plenty of schools that have cutoffs at 15, and some schools that don't have cutoffs at all. Make sure to check the school websites and call the admissions. Your GPA and DAT are still awesome though!

This thread is relevant to you in a way:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/auto-rejected-from-roseman.1217810/

Edit: are*

Reactions: 1 users
You should be fine! Don't apply to Roseman I think they have 17 cutoffs in everything but you should be fine for a lot of places :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
first of id like to thank in advance to everyone who could guide me through this question. I took my dat today and here are my scores:
PAT: 20
Reading comprehension: 22
Bio: 20
gen chem: 22
Organic chem: 30
Total science: 22
Academic average: 22
Ovarall GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.89
I have over 550 hours of dental shadowing, over 300 hours of hospital volunteering and some other Extracurriculars. My only concern is that i got a 16 on quantative reasoning. Is that going to affect my chances a lot? I know im not going to retake because all other scores are good. Is it going to be a big deal?
The best thing you can do right now is to figure out what schools (amongst all the schools you plan to apply to) have a minimum cutoff. Most schools have that information listed under "academic requirements" or "application requirements" on their website. If they don't have that info, call the schools and ask them directly. Ask them if that'd be a problem with your AA/TS and GPA.
I'm up for getting opinions of my peers, but when it comes to such crucial information, I'd ask the schools directly.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you very much. I was in the panic mode because it would suck to retake this test just beacause of one poor score.