Please Advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudentN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm considering attending medical school in China but I still have some questions that I would need answers to before heading down this path.

I've contacted several schools and they were vague about their admission requirements. Only one school responded clearly about accepting SAT Subject Test. Rest were too vague for me to actually understand, please help.

1. What are the schools that accept european high school graduation diploma ( 12 grades, I believe it's equivalent to their educational system, please correct me if I'm wrong ) plus SAT Subject tests in the appropriate subjects : biology, chemistry, physics ?

2. Can anyone provide a list of chinese medical schools with english taught program that are recognized and accredited internationally ?

3. What are the schools that will offer the best training to prepare for USMLE ?

4. If I finish med school in China, pass USMLE, what are my actual chances of getting matched into a residency program in US ? Is it known what Chinese medical school would be more favorable, look better on paper and offer a better chance of getting into a residency program or is where you finished med school irrelevant for this step ?

5. What are the conditions for clinical practice offered by the Chinese medical schools ? Is it acceptable to complete some of my practice outside China, say in Europe for example ?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to read and reply. Please advise and add anything that you consider relevant for me to know so I can make an informed decision about attending med school in China!

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.