Please guys. One more time! GS vs Real MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kfsa1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just started to take the GS practice CBTs (GS1) (Didn't do verbal and instead did EK in between) and I ended up in the low 30s. I've read from some posts that the BS and PS sections are good indicators and others that stated they were too hard. I was wondering what the general consensus was? (I know not everyone is the same but there's a general trend maybe?)

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

The later GS science sections will not be good indicators, but good practice. The early GS tests are pretty good though.

In general, people score roughly 2 points lower on GS compared to the current MCAT.

SN2ed, I've been browsing through the forums quite a bit lately as my MCAT date is getting closer. I've noticed that you pretty much reply to everyone in need of answers to their questions. I have to say I think it's wonderful that you help everyone so much on SDN. Whether you do because you are a mod or not, I think everyone can agree that you are a great help!

thanks for your reply

Members don't see this ad :)
SN2ed, I've been browsing through the forums quite a bit lately as my MCAT date is getting closer. I've noticed that you pretty much reply to everyone in need of answers to their questions. I have to say I think it's wonderful that you help everyone so much on SDN. Whether you do because you are a mod or not, I think everyone can agree that you are a great help!

thanks for your reply

No problem. Thanks for the compliment. I've been roaming these parts for awhile now. I always thought it was important to have at least some consistent members that have been through the process helping out. Oh and I only recently became a mod.

IMO, other than scores per se, the content, format, difficulty, etc. are far from the real thing. Farther than EK, TPR, TBR, and Kalplan.

Yes SN2ed, i completely agree with the enough statements. I'm not sure if you have any idea how much your posts any schedule help all of us preparing for the MCAT. I don't think any amount of gratitude for suffice for your help/advice/suggestions/study plans.

BUT THANK YOU BEYOND EVERYTHING (and please continue helping and responding :D)