MD & DO Please help! 3.58cGPA/3.6sGPA/33MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meatie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
goro suggests

7. Albert Einstein
1. UC Riverside (only if you fit their mission)
Loma Linda (but read their student rules)
2. UC Davis
UCLA
3. Tulane
4. Drexel
5. Temple U
6. Jefferson U
7. Penn State
8. Tufts U
9. Quinnipiac U
10. Creighton U
NYMC
U Miami
11. Albany
12. Hofstra North Shore
14. Rush U
15. Med College of Wisconsin
SLU
Wake Forest
Loyola
All other new MD schools
17. University of Arizona
18. University of Arizona Phoenix

1. Western
2. Western Oregon
3. Touro CA
4. Touro NY
5. NYIT
6. PCOM
7. Des Moines
8. Chicago
9. AT Still
10. Arizona
MUCOM
PacNW
KC-COM
VCOM

Yes

1. I know that it's difficult to get into schools like Oregon, Arizona, and Colorado as OOS, but I really want to stay on the west coast. There are other east coast schools like Cooper, Oakland U, VCU, and EVMS that I put as maybes. Do you guys think I should just apply to Cooper, Oakland U, VCU, and EVMS anyway?

No. save your money.

2. U of W and UCSF are my dream schools, but believe me I realize how much of a stretch they are for someone with my stats. Is it even worth applying to these places, especially U of W? I know U of W is incredibly difficult as OOS, but like I said if I could in the <0.000001% chance attend I would do it in a heartbeat.

See my list.
3. Another concern I have with my list is that Tufts, Albany, Jefferson, Temple, Rush, Drexel, and Tulane all get more than 8k+ applicants a year, but I am not particularly interested in any of the other schools I've seen through the MSAR. I guess I took the advice to apply broadly to heart and I am afraid of not getting in anywhere this cycle and having to reapply. As applicant #9401 I suppose everyone feels the same way I do about hoping their personal statement wow's the AdCom, but do you guys have any alternative choices I haven't listed that might be worth looking at?

Thank you guys for all your help. Really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the awesome help Goro!

If anyone else has any suggestions I'd love to hear 'em.

Actually I had a question for you Goro. How come you suggested I apply to UCLA, but not UCSD, UCI, or USC? They have similar acceptance stats when I look at the MSAR.