Please Help Deciding on Schools to Apply to! Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onebigsmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to narrow my list of school that I am planning on applying to. Thank you so much for you help in advance!
I have been on SDN for a long time now but never made a post :)
stats:
3.3 overall gpa
3.3 bcp
3.15 science
Huge upward trend, started at community college with a 2.7 for my first year. I did 2 years at the community college, transferred to a 4 year school and got a 3.5 and a 3.6 for the two semesters that I have been here (both very science heavy).
I am taking the DAT next week and I am shooting for 20-21AA but realistically it will probably be around 18-20.
I have a lot of dental experience, I had a job as a dental assistant last summer, a paid internship at an orthodontics office, and I volunteer at a free dental clinic. All in all about 500 hours of dental related hours and about 100-150 non dental volunteer hours.
I have biology research also that I am hoping to get published this year!
I have strong LOR, two from professors and two from dentists.

Okay, the schools:
-VCU (in-state and I really really want to go here!)
-Maryland
-Buffalo
-Louisville
-Pitt
-Case Western
-Indiana
-Detroit Mercy
-Midwestern IL
-UConn
-Kentucky
-University of New England
-University of Utah
and possibly these:
-michigan
-detroit mercy
-NOVA

So these are the schools I am thinking about, VCU Buffalo and Maryland are my top three.

You can be cruel or nice with your replies, honest feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Again :)

Members don't see this ad.

So I am trying to narrow my list of school that I am planning on applying to. Thank you so much for you help in advance!
I have been on SDN for a long time now but never made a post :)
stats:
3.3 overall gpa
3.3 bcp
3.15 science
Huge upward trend, started at community college with a 2.7 for my first year. I did 2 years at the community college, transferred to a 4 year school and got a 3.5 and a 3.6 for the two semesters that I have been here (both very science heavy).
I am taking the DAT next week and I am shooting for 20-21AA but realistically it will probably be around 18-20.
I have a lot of dental experience, I had a job as a dental assistant last summer, a paid internship at an orthodontics office, and I volunteer at a free dental clinic. All in all about 500 hours of dental related hours and about 100-150 non dental volunteer hours.
I have biology research also that I am hoping to get published this year!
I have strong LOR, two from professors and two from dentists.

Okay, the schools:
-VCU (in-state and I really really want to go here!)
-Maryland
-Buffalo
-Louisville
-Pitt
-Case Western
-Indiana
-Detroit Mercy
-Midwestern IL
-UConn
-Kentucky
-University of New England
-University of Utah
and possibly these:
-michigan
-NOVA

So these are the schools I am thinking about, VCU Buffalo and Maryland are my top three.

You can be cruel or nice with your replies, honest feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Again :)
Take those schools in red out. Consider adding NYU, Tufts, Boston, and USC to your list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for replying.
Do you think my stats are to low for the schools you have suggested removing?
And I wanted to apply to Boston but they only accept pre-reqs from a four year college and some of mine were from community college.

Thanks so much for replying.
Do you think my stats are to low for the schools you have suggested removing?
And I wanted to apply to Boston but they only accept pre-reqs from a four year college and some of mine were from community college.
Your stats are low for an out-of-state applicant, which is why I made the above suggestion.