Please Help! Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

techconsultant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I currently work as a technology analyst for a firm such as Deloitte, Accenture, PwC. I studied Information Technology in college. However, I'm not happy with the type of work I'm doing. I want to help people and I'm just not passionate about sitting in front of a computer all day. The only thing that keeps me going at the moment is the salary. I was lucky enough to be able to make around 80K salary after graduating undergraduate. I have been so STRESSED/Depressed about trying to figure out what I want to do in life.

I have been thinking about Dental school but I'm not sure if its for me or not. I would have to do at least two years to do my prerequisites and take my DAT before I can apply. I'm currently 23. I shadowed a dentist for a few days and the work seemed more enjoyable.

- What is the average salary for recent graduates from dental school? As I don't want to work so hard and take so many loans and only make 100K salary after all that hard work. Anyone here that was previously in the consulting field, your input would be greatly appreciated.

- I was thinking about knocking out my chemistry GenEd at a community college. Would that be ok with most dental schools?

- What is the average age of someone in dental school?

- Is it true that while in Dental school you have no life?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Moved my response to your post in pre-dent.

Last edited: