Please help...just took AAMC #9 and don't know what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rolling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Test scores recently on AAMC Tests. In the past 2 months I have taken the following tests and scored the following scores:

Kaplan #7 | PS – 13 | VR – 10 | BS – 12 | Total – 33 (February 27th)

AAMC #7 | PS – 11 | VR -10 |BS -12 | Total -33 (March 3rd)

Berkly #1| PS – 10 | VR – 11-12 | BS – 11-12 | Total – 32-34 (March 13th)
Berkly #2| PS – 10 | VR – 9 | BS – 13-15 | Total – 32-34 (March 20th)
AAMC #8 |PS –14| VR –10 |BS – 11| Total -35 (April 10th)
Berkly #3 |PS-11-12| VR – 9 | BS 10 | Total – 31-33 (April 18th)
AAMC#9 | PS 12| VR 9 | BS 10 | Total 31 (April 21st)

I was really high after taking AAMC #8 and Berkley #3. My goal has been a 35+ and I thought I finally reached it. Now I just finished AAMC #9 and frankly, I can hardly breathe right now. Before AAMC#9, which I just finished, I made sure to have a good sleep last night, well-rested, I barely studied yesterday because I was so burned out. And now this..

I delayed taking this test for almost 2 years now because I was worried about my score and extremely busy with non-MCAT life(jobs/school). At this point, I've studied for the MCAT for so many hours, and I am extremely saddened by my most recent score. I've dedicated myself to everything MCAT when I wasn't working for the past 8 months...I'm not even sure it was worth it anymore...this all feels so pointless. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? I really head my heart set on a 35...and now I'm not sure what to do anymore

EDIT: just to be clear my test is next week

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Keep it up my friend. You worked hard and it is paying off. You are only a few points away and every score you get on practice test is often +/- 2 points (approximately).

You can't be de-motivated--if you become de-motivated, you will LOSE this game. Take a break, maybe watch a movie or something to make you positive and review.

If you are so close and getting such solid numbers, I'd say take the test..if it's in 2 weeks or so. Keep up your spirits, re-boot :)

dude its one exam. don't let months of hard studying be compromised because of one test score. just target your weaknesses from AAMC 9 and seal them up. you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why can't one of you just say "your intellectual capacities won't let you get past a 33, so quit trying" ? Isn't that the real truth here?

Why can't one of you just say "your intellectual capacities won't let you get past a 33, so quit trying" ? Isn't that the real truth here?

Dude, you need to chill out. That is the only truth here.
1-These are practice tests, thus they are for...practice.
2-31+ is a good score.
3-you need to be stronger mentally.
4-Not being confident in your intellectual capabilities is very bad. I does not matter what I think or any of the other 3000 SDN members for that matter. What you think of yourself is what ultimately defines yourself and how you project to the other people. You think you are dumb? well, you sure will underperform in the test and in life. Do you think you are capable ( I personally think you are-you have scored well) well then you will be more competitive.
5-Feeling sorry for yourself does not solve anything.

Maybe go have a beer or some tequila,a cigarette, the gym or whatever,unwind for one or two days and give it your best again. Work on your weaknessess and practice more for the remainder of the time and --think of 35 as a goal but, as most things in the adult life, you can't bank on it . It seems you can do it, you just have to convince yourself of it.
Wish you the best of lucks.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are intellectually capable of getting past a 33. I do wonder how 14, 9, and 11 add up to give a 35 though.

Reactions: 1 user
You honestly can't freak out. So what, you got a 31, thats great. Be glad it wasn't extremely low. Take 10 and 11 and see what you get. Optimism is key here. I really believe that the entire test is 50% knowledge and practice and 50% attitude. If you go in worrying about what you're going to get, then you might as well not take it.

The #1 most important thing to have in a survival situation is not water, fire or food,

but a positive mental attitude.

This is clearly your biggest weakness, and adjusting this will affect your life more than a few added points.

I believe in you.

The #1 most important thing to have in a survival situation is not water, fire or food,

I would rather take water, honestly.

This is clearly your biggest weakness, and adjusting this will affect your life more than a few added points.

I believe in you.

You cannot guarantee this though.

dude ive taken all of the aamc exams. the verbal on aamc9 is a lot harder than the other aamc verbal sections in my opinion.

I believe in you.

These are the most precious words I have seen on the SDN foruM. Kudos to you

I'm not sure if you're being serious or if you're just trolling. You consistently got 30s on your practice exams but suddenly dropped to a 22 on the real thing? Please, you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Are you going to constantly doubt yourself before making every mundane decision in your life?

A lot of people feel like they've done much worse than they expected to, even when they score at or around their practice test average. Just a heads up.

This, its probably because you are fixating on one question after you finish the test and you think its over.

By the way in your first post OP I thought you said you were high when you took AAMC 8 and you got a 35 lol.

Dude, what are you so worried about? You're averaging between 31 and 35 on your practice tests. That's better than the majority of people who take the MCAT. There is NO shame in making a 31 and depending on where you are appying and the rest of your application that is more than enough to get you in to several schools. There's also no reason to think you won't score higher considering your other practice tests. Amost everyone scores within two points of their AAMC average, which means you'll get between a 31 and a 35.

Seriously, go ahead and take it. Based on your practice scores, you'll do fine. You don't make mid-30s consistently without being very intelligent and a good test taker.

what are the score conversions for exam 9. for some reason my exam had 77 questions, yet the chart i have goes up to 54 questions for the physics sciences