Please help me choose schools to apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjg713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying this June and not exactly sure how many schools to apply to and which ones should make the cut. I am a NYC resident and have about a 3.3 gpa and 3.4 science gpa. I have yet to take the DAT, but will be taking it in June or July. Here is a list of schools I plan on applying to, please let me know if I should add or remove any, Thank you.
1) NYU
2) SUNY Buffalo
3) Columbia
4) Rutgers
5) Tufts
6) BU
7) UCONN
8) Temple
9) Case Western
10) USC
11) Western
12)Lecom
13) Roseman
14) Nova
15) UNLV
16) Midwestern-AZ
17) Midwestern-Il

Members don't see this ad.

I'd take off columbia and add Louisville

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd take off columbia and add Louisville
not necessarily. From the last numbers I saw, Columbia is not that great GPA wise. They seem to be more of a DAT school. If OP destroys the DAT, he'd have a chance

I am going to add Louisville and UNE, thanks guys. TBH I didn't add Stoneybrook for 2 reasons: 1. I heard they have very few seats and are very selective and 2. They require both Calculus and Biochem which I do not have and really don't want to take both of I don't have to.

I am going to add Louisville and UNE, thanks guys. TBH I didn't add Stoneybrook for 2 reasons: 1. I heard they have very few seats and are very selective and 2. They require both Calculus and Biochem which I do not have and really don't want to take both of I don't have to.
I think NOVA and LECOM require biochemistry

Yes, I know. I can take Biochemistry, but I don't want to have to take Biochemistry AND Calculus.
I see, I'm on your boat, dude. I have to take physics along with biochem as well next year. Sucks that many schools require it now.

I see, I'm on your boat, dude. I have to take physics along with biochem as well next year. Sucks that many schools require it now.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I don't mind taking one but I still need Organic Chem 2, not looking to take those three classes during my gap year.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I don't mind taking one but I still need Organic Chem 2, not looking to take those three classes during my gap year.
It's gonna be a pain, but best of luck to you. Being in Orgo II right now, all I can say is it's a different beast compared to Orgo I but if you put in the hours and effort, you should be absolutely fine! GL!

It's gonna be a pain, but best of luck to you. Being in Orgo II right now, all I can say is it's a different beast compared to Orgo I but if you put in the hours and effort, you should be absolutely fine! GL!

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you also. Just out of curiosity, are you from NY? (going by the username yankpak)

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you also. Just out of curiosity, are you from NY? (going by the username yankpak)
Haha, I'm actually from Jersey, but I dorm in NY currently. :)

Last edited:
I'm actually trying to see if I can take it at Hofstra or LIU, I've heard it's easier there lol. Only downside is the tuition!

I'm actually trying to see if I can take it at Hofstra or LIU, I've heard it's easier there lol. Only downside is the tuition!
Oh sorry, I meant where are you taking Orgo 2?

CUNY Brooklyn College, but did a few post-bacc classes at CUNY City Tech