Please help me narrow down my school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbacDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I haven't taken the DAT yet (I'll take it in July and apply to d-schools right away) so once I have that score I'll be able to narrow down my list a bit, but I just wanted opinions on my choices so far.

Background info:
3.57 sGPA, 3.73 oGPA
Dental assistant
Research assistant

I know my list is long and to be honest I don't really know much about most of these schools other than that they're OOS friendly and I meet the criteria (somewhat). I'll definitely be applying to the first 3 schools on the list but I'm not sure about the rest. I'm also not sure what some strong safety schools would be, so please help me out!

Pacific (dream school!)
Buffalo
Stony Brook
UConn
Louisville
ASDOH
Midwestern AZ
UCSF
Western
Nova
Midwestern IL
Indiana
Kentucky
Tufts
Boston
Maryland
Michigan
Detroit Mercy
UNLV
NYU
Case Western
Pittsburgh
Temple
VCU
Marquette

I'm thinking about ultimately applying to 10-12 schools. Any advice on what to add/swap/take out would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No ASDOH, they want at least 500 hours of service to underserved like in a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Private schools usually don't show preference for where you live, so you might have better look there than at state schools.

You can't really narrow down a school list without a DAT score. Post back with an update of your scores and you'll receive more accurate feedback

Members don't see this ad :)
take DAT. ur gap is good. your dat will be the determining factor!

Yeah, I figured my stats wouldn't really determine anything without including a DAT score; I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any on my list that would be out of the question already. Thanks for the feedback!