Please help me plan my junior year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jerm174

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I hope you can give me some insight on how to plan my junior year. Currently my GPA is average but of course I'd like to improve it. By this spring, I will have gen bio/chem/phys prereqs satisfied and one semester of organic chem, biochem, physiology. I hope I'm not forgetting any information.
Here's the catch: there are only two possible days on which I can write the cDAT in one year - mid-November and the end of February.
Do you think my fall semester will be too much work in addition to studying for the cDAT? What I have bolded are required courses for my program and they cannot be moved around.

Fall 2015:

• Advanced Biochem (this fulfills my second biochem credit)
  • Molecular Biology Lecture
  • Immunology
  • Biomedical Orientation (specific to my program; it grants me a credit which I need to graduate although is not considered a typical course) 3 hour lecture every week so it will take time out of studying.
  • lower level liberal - English writing course (I'll have to check if it qualifies as a prereq)
  • Open elective - possibly intro to psychopharmacology

Winter 2016:
  • Molecular Biology Lab
  • Experimental Design
  • Organic II (fulfills my second orgo credit and not covered on cDAT)
  • Anatomy
  • upper level liberal - some sort of psychology or sociology course

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are definitely making it a little hard on yourself. Can you do with not taking an open elective?

I think you are definitely making it a little hard on yourself. Can you do with not taking an open elective?
Thanks for your reply. It might be doable but I'll have to see how spring or online credits work at my school.