please help me to choose between a 4 years university or community college ASPA

habiba

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got accepted at CSUB it's 4 years university but i am an immigrant, and english isn't my first language so i decided to apply a community college and when i make the assessment test and the result was horrible that my english is my second and i placed in every low classes !! . so to improve it in writing reading and speaking, i need 3 semester okay but until i finish them i can't take any science course so to transfer to a four years university from a community college and take some prerequisite for the dental from community college it will almost cost me 3 years and half to transfer only !! and at the same time i can go to CSUB and start take the dental prerequisite but my english will not be improved so much !! please help to choose which path go to community college and stay four years and then to transfer because of my horrible english or go to CSUB and take all the prerequisite but will not improve so much my english ??
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

i got accepted at CSUB it's 4 years university but i am an immigrant, and english isn't my first language so i decided to apply a community college and when i make the assessment test and the result was horrible that my english is my second and i placed in every low classes !! . so to improve it in writing reading and speaking, i need 3 semester okay but until i finish them i can't take any science course so to transfer to a four years university from a community college and take some prerequisite for the dental from community college it will almost cost me 3 years and half to transfer only !! and at the same time i can go to CSUB and start take the dental prerequisite but my english will not be improved so much !! please help to choose which path go to community college and stay four years and then to transfer because of my horrible english or go to CSUB and take all the prerequisite but will not improve so much my english ??
thank you
How many times are you going to ask the same question? This has been answered multiple times.

Starting tough courses at a four year institution when you're having trouble with English is not a great idea; you want to do well in these courses and not have to repeat. It would make sense to me to become more comfortable with the language before embarking on your pre-requisite courses for dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many times are you going to ask the same question? This has been answered multiple times.
a lot of people ask the same question, i see the same threats more than three times from the same person !!

Just make sure you are ready to go to college because if you mess up in a class, particularly English, it won't come off your transcript.