PhD/PsyD Please help me with these questions about psychology.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should some pills for children be tested on actual children?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DansStudentDocRole

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are some questions about the history of psychology. The following are based on chapter 1 from Modern Psychology by Duane P. Schultz and Sydney E. Schultz (tenth edition).

1. What can we learn from studying the history of psychology?
2. Why can psychologists claim that psychology is one of the oldest scholarly disciplines as well as one of the newest? Explain why modern psychology is a product of both nineteenth-century and twentieth-century thought.
3. In what ways do the data of history differ from the data of science? Give examples of how historical data can be distorted.
4. In what ways have contextual forces influenced the development of modern psychology?
5. Describe the obstacles faced by women, Jews, and African Americans in pursuing careers in psychology, especially during the first half of the twentieth century.
6. How does the process of writing history in any field necessarily restrict the number of people whose work can be singled out for attention?
7. Describe the differences between personalistic and naturalistic conceptions of scientific history. Explain which approach is supported by cases of simultaneous discovery.
8. What is the Zeitgeist? How does the Zeitgeist affect the evolution of a science? Compare the growth of a science with the evolution of a living species.
9. What is meant by the term "school of thought"? Has the science of psychology reached the paradigmatic stage of development? Why or why not?
10. Describe the cyclical process by which schools of thought begin, prosper, and then fail.

Please try to respond back to me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I have an exam about this soon. Tell me what y'all think. Thank you in advance. God bless you.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.