1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Please, I need advice for a third retake.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DamanTHFC, 05.19.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. DamanTHFC

DamanTHFC 2+ Year Member

I posted a similar thread in the DO forum (for a DO oriented view).
    But sorry, I'm not really trying to spam. I just thought I would get more strict MCAT opinions, if I post here too.

I think DO school is my only option (if I can't sort this MCAT problem well enough).
    HOWEVER, I'm just as fine with osteopathic medicine.

So I graduated last year (from Pitt) and I'm in my gap year.
    I got a 3.75 gpa, and have pretty good hours for volunteering, research, extracurricular activity, etc.

But it's my MCAT that is holding me back. On my first try, I got a 21. And then I took it again (about a month ago) and while I did improve, I believe it is not enough. I got a 24 (PS 8, VR 6, BS 10) this time around, with a 1 point increase in each section compared to my first exam.

I think the general consensus would be to retake it again (for a third time).
    But it would be my last try for this year (given I had to void once already this year).

So what should I do?
    Can I go ahead and apply for DO schools with this 24?
    Should I retake the test one more time? And what would be the best approach (since I have only one more try this year).
    Should I try both options at the same time?
    Or is there an option D?

Please help me!
    This MCAT frustration is killing me.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. journalistdoingscience

Medical Student (Accepted)
    What did you do to study the first two times?

About the ads