Please Please help me, international student need help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a medical student from Pakistan, i want to do a residency in any american renowned university hospital in neurosurgery. Neurosurgery is my passion, this is all i thought about since i was 12. but now i'm stuck in a mess, i've failed my anatomy( which in my country include embryology, tissue and gross as one subject) in first year at medical school, not failed actually but i dropped i.e, i remained absent on my exam day, but i have cleared that later on in supplimentary exam, so i'm not gonna loose a year but that failure is going to be there at my transcript.The reason for me to not give that anatomy exam was that i got a late admission( because of my university's mismanagement) i.e, for all other students the academic year is of about 9 months(which is actually the rule that the period should be of 9 months) but for me it was just of 4 months and that also had 3 months of summer break included in it.so, i practically got only one month of studies at the college but still i managed to do great in my other two subjects( biochemistry and physiology) all by my self( thanks to some Kaplan video's and notes etc and to my own hard work). but now the problem is that someone has told me that it's impossible to get a residency in neurosurgery in america if u have failed even a single course in any year at medical school. n right now after hearing that i'm feeling like i had lost my reason of living, i want to commit suicide. please please help me and guide me, your help will save my life in a way. i'm an extremely good student, but had a bad luck this time. also, tell me that if i get great grades at USMLE and also in other subjects in all upcoming years at medical school( in my country the medical school is of 5 years, MBBS ),do i stand a chance then. Please Please help me, all you neurosurgeons, medical residents and students out there in US. regards

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.