USMLE Pls advice. Step 1 in 3 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kween

Literally tackling one day at a time....
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm definitely freaking out. Finished uworld with 67%.
Over half way past UWorld, I did NBME 12 and got a 200.
Not sure what else I could do to boost my score in the next 3 weeks.
Any recommendations..........:(

Members don't see this ad.

1. How long have you been prepping?
2. Have you taken other NBMEs?
3. How are you incorporating UWorld material in terms of studying/ learning?
4. How many passes of First Aid have you done?
5. What other resources have you used?

Been studying since January. Finished Kaplan in early April. (Been out of school for 3 years). Went to a Caribbean school. So I basically forgot everything. I also took nbme 11 before starting uworld and got 183.
I did all of uworld timed and random, then reviewed all options and transcribed new concepts/facts to first aid.
I've read through first aid once. and also gone through DIT.

Will it be helpful to go through Uworld a second time?
I plan to take another nbme next week, but I'm scared that i'll get discouraged if my score is not boosted up significantly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with J DUB in that you should definitely do more passes of FA. And you don't need to go through everything. I highlighted what I couldn't remember so then when I did subsequent passes, I wouldn't waste my time on material I already knew well. UsmleRX is fantastic with hammering in minutia from FA. Your UWorld percentage doesn't seem to be corresponding to your NBME scores. I would imagine you should be scoring in at least the 220s with a 67% first pass. Do you generally get nervous taking tests? If that's an issue, then also work on some breathing/ calming strategies.

I have heard doing a second pass of UWorld is very helpful, but at this point, I think your best bet is learning the material better with more passes of FA. Once you have done that, then start with your incorrects/marked. And remember that everything at this point is an assessment/ doesn't count, so don't be discouraged with the scores you see (I had a similar post a while back and then I realized that those assessments were helping me by pointing out where the faults in my thinking were).

I hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks DrShazam, Yea I do zone out when taking tests. I'll need to work on that.

So I did another pass of first aid, and reviewed week areas.
NBME 16 today = 220
One more week to the exam, still kinda scared.
What did everyone do in their last week before the exam.