MPH {plz help} Brown vs Emory vs Boston vs NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seesee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys! i am accepted by these schools recently, and i really cant make the decision because i like them all~
I hope anyone studying in either of the school could share some experiences with me, any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Since I am an international student, i am not so familiar with the location. If I plan to work for a year or two after my graduation before i return to my home country, do you know which one would be better?

Also, when you guys are making decision, do you consider the field ranking the most or the school reputation the most in general?

Please help me!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Emory and Boston will both be bigger programs so you'll have more options for courses and concentration. Might be good to go for options if you're unsure what you'd like to do and want to keep your choices open.

Emory and Boston will both be bigger programs so you'll have more options for courses and concentration. Might be good to go for options if you're unsure what you'd like to do and want to keep your choices open.
thank you ssoooo much for the great help!!! ^^ then do you know more about either Emory or Boston? Boston seems like a great location for job opportunities while Emory is really an ideal place to go if i wanna work in CDC . Thankssss!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you ssoooo much for the great help!!! ^^ then do you know more about either Emory or Boston? Boston seems like a great location for job opportunities while Emory is really an ideal place to go if i wanna work in CDC . Thankssss!!!!

You're spot on. Both schools should provide lots of great opportunities in the areas after graduating, too.

Another thing to consider, what city would you be interested in living in? Atlanta and Boston are very different cities.

Could you please tell me more about those two cities? I am not very familiar with them. Only from online information. What is the main difference for public health development? Thanks a lot~~~

You're spot on. Both schools should provide lots of great opportunities in the areas after graduating, too.

Another thing to consider, what city would you be interested in living in? Atlanta and Boston are very different cities.
Could you please tell me more about those two cities? I am not very familiar with them. Only from online information. What is the main difference for public health development? Thanks a lot~~~

If you are really stuck, I would highly suggest visiting the schools and talking to professors/current students. I know it will be difficult for you as an international student, but a lot of people experience that fireworks sensation just from visiting; you might get that too.

Boston is more dense. Colder year round. Lots of winter (snow, wind). More public transit/has a subway. More expensive cost of living. More academic with lots of universities. Some state-level public health.

Atlanta is more sprawled out. Much hotter city. It's a Southern city. CDC is located there. So a bit more federal public health.

Um... I think that's the main summary.